Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
My baby girl had her two month shots this morning and all she has done is sleep is this normal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
Fields456
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I don't think anyone was shoving anything down your throat

Just watch her and if u start to become alarmed or extra worried take her in

Quoting Smiller11:

Thanks for the HELPFUL advice and not shoving down my thought that your child is vaccnations free and mines not!! I thought web site was for help and encouragement guess I was wrong!! Thanks though!!

Quoting baby7810:

ya they will be tired the first day and maybe the second. just watch her :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Well truth be told it can but lethargy would be the first step. Just keep an eye on him thru the night and make sure he's eating his normal amount. Usually day 2 my son acts like nothing happened

Quoting Smiller11:

Thanks for the helpful response!! It really helped me!! Since the other response I got was saying I should worry that she's sleeping cause it can cause sids

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Yes it happens everytime my son has his vaccines too. Just make sure he is not lethargic or dehydrated. He should still wake every few hours to eat and keep up with the tylenol.

Smiller11
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM
I didn't mean to be ugly I just got upset cause one response went start to saying I should worry cause it cause SIDS that's not very encouraging that's all

Quoting louzannalady:

*hug* I have been where you are! It scared the crap out of me and that caused me to start doing research to make sure I was making the best choices for my child! I would rather know for the future what my options were.... I am sorry if I infringed by offering you information. But, there are ways to prevent this type of worry in the future, and that is being armed with knowing backwards and forwards the benefits and risks and being comfortable with those risks and benefits BEFORE consenting to any medical procedure for your child! I am not bashing you, I am just letting you know that there are resources avaibale to make decisions before hand and to know what is normal and not normal and not having to learn after the fact (like I and MANY, MANY other mothers have). *hug* I hope your LO feels better soon! *tips hat* Hope you have a good Wednesday. 

Quoting Smiller11:

Well I have vaccinated so your advice is not encouraging or helpful!! Thanks but no thanks!!

Quoting louzannalady:

Agreed. This is the vaccine package insert, from the FDA directly. 

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm101580.pdf 

Quoting pinkiebabii:

It would scare me since a side effect of the dtap is Sids but my son is vaccine free so I haven't personally dealt with it.

louzannalady
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I promise. I understand. I was scared when he was lethargic and I found out the true risks involved with offering multiple shots at once. I just went with it, because it was what I was supposed to do, to keep my child safe, I thought. I was outraged and scared when I started to read ingredients and about vaccine injury and weighing that against contracting a lot of these diseases themselves... Again, I was not meaning to offend. I just wish someone would have told me straight up what was going on and what my options were when I was in your shoes. I was not trying to be hurtful! 

Quoting Smiller11:

I didn't mean to be ugly I just got upset cause one response went start to saying I should worry cause it cause SIDS that's not very encouraging that's all

Quoting louzannalady:

*hug* I have been where you are! It scared the crap out of me and that caused me to start doing research to make sure I was making the best choices for my child! I would rather know for the future what my options were.... I am sorry if I infringed by offering you information. But, there are ways to prevent this type of worry in the future, and that is being armed with knowing backwards and forwards the benefits and risks and being comfortable with those risks and benefits BEFORE consenting to any medical procedure for your child! I am not bashing you, I am just letting you know that there are resources avaibale to make decisions before hand and to know what is normal and not normal and not having to learn after the fact (like I and MANY, MANY other mothers have). *hug* I hope your LO feels better soon! *tips hat* Hope you have a good Wednesday. 

Quoting Smiller11:

Well I have vaccinated so your advice is not encouraging or helpful!! Thanks but no thanks!!

Quoting louzannalady:

Agreed. This is the vaccine package insert, from the FDA directly. 

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm101580.pdf 

Quoting pinkiebabii:

It would scare me since a side effect of the dtap is Sids but my son is vaccine free so I haven't personally dealt with it.

ceckyl
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh I'm sorry. Most responsible parents want to know the possible side affects to watch out for, but I see you're the 'bury my head in the sand' type. How's this for encouragement? I hope your baby doesn't suffer any of the known side affects of that little needle you had the choice to inject him with.

Quoting Smiller11:

Well this website is for encouragement not for you to shame me cause I protect my children against dangerous infections.. It a parents choice to vaccinate but tell a first time mom her child may die cause she got a shot is not encouraging I don't rub it in your face that you your child may get polio cause you did vaccinate

Quoting ceckyl:

Uh... But it is truthful.

Quoting Smiller11:

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Smiller11
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Wow

Quoting ceckyl:

Oh I'm sorry. Most responsible parents want to know the possible side affects to watch out for, but I see you're the 'bury my head in the sand' type. How's this for encouragement? I hope your baby doesn't suffer any of the known side affects of that little needle you had the choice to inject him with.

Quoting Smiller11:

Well this website is for encouragement not for you to shame me cause I protect my children against dangerous infections.. It a parents choice to vaccinate but tell a first time mom her child may die cause she got a shot is not encouraging I don't rub it in your face that you your child may get polio cause you did vaccinate

Quoting ceckyl:

Quoting Smiller11:

Quoting pinkiebabii:

pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this
The last case of wild polio was in 93 and since then had been caused by the vaccine itself so I highly doubt that.
I wasnt throwing the fact my son isn't vaccinated down your throat I was just letting you know it would worry me, and doesn't seem normal to me but I don't have a personal experience with it, I just know the FACTS!
I didn't join this group thinking I had to sugar coat anything because you might be an UN educated first time mom.
Quoting Smiller11:

Quoting ceckyl:

Quoting Smiller11:

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this

seems more like you are trying to make her feel bad and make her change her mind 

Quoting ceckyl:

Quoting Smiller11:

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Smiller11
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Well I'm sorry I am an uneducated mom

Quoting pinkiebabii:

The last case of wild polio was in 93 and since then had been caused by the vaccine itself so I highly doubt that.

I was throwing the fact my son isn't vaccinated down your throat I was just letting you know it would worry me, and doesn't seem normal to me but I don't have a personal experience with it, I just know the FACTS!

I didn't join this group thinking I had to sugar coat anything because you might be an UN educated first time mom.

Quoting Smiller11:

Quoting ceckyl:

Quoting Smiller11:

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Why are you trying so hard to make her feel bad about it? 

Quoting ceckyl:

Quoting Smiller11:

Quoting ceckyl:

Quoting Smiller11:

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)