Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby girl had her two month shots this morning and all she has done is sleep is this normal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
Tracie82411
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My little girl was very sleepy after she had hers and I just kept an eye on her. I'm sure your little one is okay :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
It is normal. Make sure baby isn't going longer than usual between feedings though. Baby is sleeping because of the shots, not because they're actually tired. This is a time to wake to feed if they're sleeping more that four hours at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smiller11
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Look I'm a first time mom ok I may be dumb or stupid but I do take responsibility for my child!! Most first times mom don't know what there doing but to sit there and criticize me for vaccinating my child and tell me I might kill my child is not helping at all.. SO PLEASE JUST COMMENT IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT AND NOT SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME
mylilprincesses
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM
There are risks of Sids Yes..

http://www.sidsamerica.org/about-sids/sids-risk-factors-and-causes-of-sids

Quoting Smiller11:

As for the SID comment there's a lot that can "cause" it but really we don't know cause it's sudden infant death meaning they don't really know why they passed
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids got tired the day of the shots but the next day they were back to normal. If she got worked up then she may be tired out because of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:13 PM
SIDS is listed as an adverse reaction, so I would be worried if my baby was sleepy. What's wrong with saying that?
I don't vaccinate, so I have no experience with any reactions, I was sharing what my concerns would be.

Quoting Smiller11:

Well I have vaccinated so your advice is not encouraging or helpful!! Thanks but no thanks!!

Quoting Randi02:

This.

We don't vaccinate.

Quoting pinkiebabii:

It would scare me since a side effect of the dtap is Sids but my son is vaccine free so I haven't personally dealt with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Very normal. Good mama for getting those shots

Cynthje
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Nobody criticised you at all, the ladies just gave their opinion and shared facts with you, you are the one going all defensive. There are known side effects to vaccines and there is nothing wrong with knowing them and acknowledging them.

We selectivelly vax and my kids never got that reaction but i know it can happen

paulenegriff
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I gave my babies al their shots so don't worry ur baby will be ok and I know someone who didn't give their baby it shots and it passed the doctors said if they would have gave their baby it shots it would have saved his life so my worry for me is not giving my babies their shots is something would happened to my babies and I don't want that so they always get their they slept like that to just keep a eye on her and she will be fine your doing a good job
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Yep. Normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)