Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
My baby girl had her two month shots this morning and all she has done is sleep is this normal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
abra
by Abra on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM

wow. Way to be helpful...said no one ever. 

Quoting pinkiebabii:

It would scare me since a side effect of the dtap is Sids but my son is vaccine free so I haven't personally dealt with it.

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

abra
by Abra on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Just out of curiosity, if you have no experience in this area, why are you weighing in on it? She didn't ask for unexperienced advice on the subject. 

Quoting Randi02:

SIDS is listed as an adverse reaction, so I would be worried if my baby was sleepy. What's wrong with saying that?
I don't vaccinate, so I have no experience with any reactions, I was sharing what my concerns would be.

Quoting Smiller11:

Well I have vaccinated so your advice is not encouraging or helpful!! Thanks but no thanks!!

Quoting Randi02:

This.

We don't vaccinate.

Quoting pinkiebabii:

It would scare me since a side effect of the dtap is Sids but my son is vaccine free so I haven't personally dealt with it.

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

abra
by Abra on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Ignore the haters. Sometimes I wish there was a vaccination for rudeness. There are a lot of mamas who could really benefit from some common courtesy. 

As far as your question, yes that is normal. As is a fever. Just keep an eye on her. They can be fussy for several days, as well. We got a round done of shots last Friday. Two of my kids didn't demonstrate any side effects and the other two had bad diapers, were fussy and had fevers. Depending on the child and which shot they are given, their bodies will react differently. 

Good luck!! Feel free to message privately if I can help more and you don't want to deal with the rude mamas. ((hugs))

Quoting Smiller11:

My baby girl had her two month shots this morning and all she has done is sleep is this normal?

abra
by Abra on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM

So what if it's truthful? It isn't answering her question, it's just being rude. 

Quoting ceckyl:

Uh... But it is truthful.

Quoting Smiller11:

Well I have vaccinated so your advice is not encouraging or helpful!! Thanks but no thanks!!

Quoting pinkiebabii:

SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
It's common, it's happened to all three of mine and will I'm sure happen to baby #4 who will be vaccinated. If you're concerned, have baby sleep near you. Baby will be fine :)
abra
by Abra on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Exactly! You don't "get" SIDS from anything. It's undiagnosed cause of death. People who try to use scare tactics are just being lazy. If you really want to argue about something, at least do a little research and don't make obviously inaccurate statements! Sheesh! 

Quoting Smiller11:

As for the SID comment there's a lot that can "cause" it but really we don't know cause it's sudden infant death meaning they don't really know why they passed

Smiller11
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
This is by far my favorite answer :)) you just made my day :))

Quoting abra:

wow. Way to be helpful...said no one ever. 

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Smiller11
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:30 PM
And this one!!!

Quoting abra:

Just out of curiosity, if you have no experience in this area, why are you weighing in on it? She didn't ask for unexperienced advice on the subject. 

Quoting Randi02:

SIDS is listed as an adverse reaction, so I would be worried if my baby was sleepy. What's wrong with saying that?

I don't vaccinate, so I have no experience with any reactions, I was sharing what my concerns would be.

Quoting Smiller11:

Quoting Randi02:

This.

We don't vaccinate.

Quoting pinkiebabii:

abra
by Abra on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Sweetie, SIDS is what they called it when they can't figure out what the infant died of, so techincally, vaccinations cannot be linked to SIDS by definition. 

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Well truth be told it can but lethargy would be the first step. Just keep an eye on him thru the night and make sure he's eating his normal amount. Usually day 2 my son acts like nothing happened

Quoting Smiller11:

Thanks for the helpful response!! It really helped me!! Since the other response I got was saying I should worry that she's sleeping cause it can cause sids

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Yes it happens everytime my son has his vaccines too. Just make sure he is not lethargic or dehydrated. He should still wake every few hours to eat and keep up with the tylenol.

abra
by Abra on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I don't think you were being ugly. I thought you were handling the crazies rather well. Hang in there!

Quoting Smiller11:

I didn't mean to be ugly I just got upset cause one response went start to saying I should worry cause it cause SIDS that's not very encouraging that's all

Quoting louzannalady:

*hug* I have been where you are! It scared the crap out of me and that caused me to start doing research to make sure I was making the best choices for my child! I would rather know for the future what my options were.... I am sorry if I infringed by offering you information. But, there are ways to prevent this type of worry in the future, and that is being armed with knowing backwards and forwards the benefits and risks and being comfortable with those risks and benefits BEFORE consenting to any medical procedure for your child! I am not bashing you, I am just letting you know that there are resources avaibale to make decisions before hand and to know what is normal and not normal and not having to learn after the fact (like I and MANY, MANY other mothers have). *hug* I hope your LO feels better soon! *tips hat* Hope you have a good Wednesday. 

Quoting Smiller11:

Quoting louzannalady:

Agreed. This is the vaccine package insert, from the FDA directly. 

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm101580.pdf 

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)