Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Co-sleeping

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM
  • 89 Replies
2 moms liked this

I know most are against co-sleeping but I actually enjoy it. It's been 5 weeks and we all get to sleep through the night thanks to me just being able to nursing while laying down with him

But I want to make sure we are doing it safely. I plan to start moving him to his crib once he's out of his "newborn" stage but for now what are some things we need to do/keep in mind?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louzannalady
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this

HERE is a link with stats and safety tips. Bed sharing (while EBF and practicing every safety tip to a "T") is the safest option for your baby! : ) It actually reduces his risk of SIDS. : ) 

LillysMum
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay for co-sleeping! We are still co-sleeping with out 2 year old daughter! When she was a newborn we out one if those change table pads in between my husband and I in bed! It worked great! All the best to you and your family!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM
We love cosleeping too!
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM
I would def enjoy it if it worked with my lo! My dd is such a light sleeper so she has to be in a crib in her own room:) which is great cuz it makes her such an independent sleeper! I co slept as a kid w my mom until I was 10! Yikes so I don't want that w my kid!! But I'm sure you will not have it go that far! And if you do, them that s fine too-/ it's whatever a family is comfortable with and works for them;)
Sama2Mamma
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM
We cosleep too. Adrian will be 11months in a couple days :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CelestialSong
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I think you'd be surprised how many people cosleep :) We're at 18 months now, although she starts the night in her own bed. I figure eventually she'll sleep through the night and not end up in our bed and until then I'm too lazy and value my sleep too much to get up in the middle of the night! :P
mamabens
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

We have been cosleeping/bedsharing with our son sicne the day he was born & he's almost 4. The best thing for us was to sidecar his crib. SO much easier. The first poster gave you good info

BabyFruit Ticker

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I've been co-sleeping and breastfeeding 16.5 months. Once he's night weaned I'll switch him to his crib.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilprincesses
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Breastfeeding reduces the risks of SIDS.. cosleeping does not

http://www.sidsamerica.org/about-sids/sids-risk-factors-and-causes-of-sids

Quoting louzannalady:

HERE is a link with stats and safety tips. Bed sharing (while EBF and practicing every safety tip to a "T") is the safest option for your baby! : ) It actually reduces his risk of SIDS. : ) 

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM
4 moms liked this

Anyone who is against co-sleeping is uneducated.

When he gets a little bigger (or even now) you can side car his crib so that you can have seperate spaces if need be while still being close which is best. We cannot bed share close because it is unsafe with the way I sleep, but we will be using a co-sleeper then side caring the crib.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)