Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Giving your baby generic formula

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a two month old and currently feeding hin similac advance but for the last couple of days been feeding him parent's choice dvantage and he loves it and doing a research there's not a difference between both formula except price. What do you think would you feed your baby generic formula??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM
My son is breastfeed so I wouldn't feed him genetic formula but from my understanding, they are practically the same. All formulas have to meet the same standards so why pay twice as much for a name?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM

heck yes i would and i do. they all compare to another and have the exact same forumula and you get more in parents choice than you would if you were buying infamil or simalac. Especially since they have these new stupid plastic containers. They cut back on the amount and you pay more

lulu9209479
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM
My mil doesn't think so, though

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting lulu9209479:

Yes. It's fine. They are the same. Similac is twice as much as the generic and you get more than you do with similac

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM

My older two who were formula fed both  got generic formula. I don't  buy much stock into brand names of anything. I no longer use formula though

BabyFruit Ticker

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Buy a brand name can and refill it with the generic stuff. Hahahaha. Kidding. I used generic for both kids. I compared the labels and they're the same. My doctor was cool with it so I saw no reason to buy the brand name

Quoting lulu9209479:

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting lulu9209479:

Yes. It's fine. They are the same. Similac is twice as much as the generic and you get more than you do with similac

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Generic formula is made by the same companies who make name brand formula. I have used generic formula and I would again. Not all of us have Wic or lots of money:)

Fields456
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Lol. Do they ever agree with our choices

Quoting lulu9209479:

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting lulu9209479:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raehalstead
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I use generic soy formula for my baby and she loves it and it works fine in her system. The only difference that I noticed in the formula besides price is similac mixes better and more easy then the generic does. My baby use to be on similac sensitive but needed to switch to soy.

abra
by Abra on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I use generic brand, too. 

lulu9209479
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:08 AM
I actually thought of doing that!

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

Buy a brand name can and refill it with the generic stuff. Hahahaha. Kidding. I used generic for both kids. I compared the labels and they're the same. My doctor was cool with it so I saw no reason to buy the brand name

Quoting lulu9209479:

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting lulu9209479:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN