Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Do babies really have nightmares?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM
  • 9 Replies

My daughter is almost 2 months old and wakes up screaming. She'll be sleeping peacefully then all of a sudden she's screaming, I've never heard this type of scream from her before. The moment I pick her up she grabs onto my shirt and tries to pull herself even closer to me. So can babies this young really have bad dreams? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Diamondblue1
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:01 AM

i believe so. my baby is 2 months also and one night she was laughing in her sleep then she frowned up and started crying it was like she went bipolar lol but i can tell she sees something in her sleep cause she smiles and looks upward but her eyes are closed

babygomez
by April on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:17 AM

When I hear stories like this, I assume they do. :(

If they do, mine have never had them, thankfully.

KeiraRose
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Isn't it so sweet to see your baby smile in her sleep? :) It makes me wish I could see whatever it is she's seeing

Quoting Diamondblue1:

i believe so. my baby is 2 months also and one night she was laughing in her sleep then she frowned up and started crying it was like she went bipolar lol but i can tell she sees something in her sleep cause she smiles and looks upward but her eyes are closed

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous2u
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 AM
I think so but I guess no one really knows. My son doesn't have bad dreams yet hes 8 mths, but he does laugh and talk in his sleep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Diamondblue1
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this

i know especially when they chuckle. i think they are entertained by angels

Quoting KeiraRose:

Isn't it so sweet to see your baby smile in her sleep? :) It makes me wish I could see whatever it is she's seeing

Quoting Diamondblue1:

lauratupper
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:37 AM

It's possible yes

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I believe so, yes.

RyansMommy12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I believe thy do. My 5 month old son has had a couple within the last 2 months. It takes me 5 mins to get him to calm down and th entire time he clings to me as if his dear little life depends on it. Breaks my heart to hear him screaming/crying out the way he does.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM

It's possible, yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN