Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tongue tied

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 10 Replies
My baby boy had his tongue clipped yesterday and I've been reading that it can re attach if you don't do stretching exercises with it. The dr didn't mention any after care. Anyone know anything about this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Ohh.. Sounds painful- no I don't have any info on this.. Is he in pain? Poor bubs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luvmybooskies
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I have no idea. I would call your Dr and talk to him/ her. Good luck to your son. I hope he has a speedy recovery and that it doesn't reattach! 

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Christlynn worked hers enough on her own...lol. I wasn't told any after care either except to come back or go to the ER if the bleeding got worse or didn't stop.

heatherd09
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this
No, it was no big deal at all. He barely cried. He cries louder and harder when he gets a bath. It's a very thin membrane that is cut. I thought it would be worse, so I'm glad it was easy

Quoting mandapanda82:

Ohh.. Sounds painful- no I don't have any info on this.. Is he in pain? Poor bubs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherd09
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Oh.. I wasn't even told that but he barely bled. It was like one or two drops and that was it.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Christlynn worked hers enough on her own...lol. I wasn't told any after care either except to come back or go to the ER if the bleeding got worse or didn't stop.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM

It looked like she bled a lot because of drool mixing in with it. She was two months old before it was done, and it wasn't even noticed until she was 3 weeks old (I think).  

Quoting heatherd09:

Oh.. I wasn't even told that but he barely bled. It was like one or two drops and that was it.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

aimhawk
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:22 AM

BUMP!

heatherd09
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:23 AM
My sons was just noticed and he is almost 4 weeks.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

It looked like she bled a lot because of drool mixing in with it. She was two months old before it was done, and it wasn't even noticed until she was 3 weeks old (I think).  

Quoting heatherd09:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylahk
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Just get him to move it around or stick it in and out. My brother had this done and that's what keeps it groom reattaching. I'm supposed to have it done but I don't want it since I already learned to talk fine with it before they noticed it. GL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I don't know anything about it. Best of luck to you! BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)