Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What can I feed her?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 14 Replies

DD is 7.5 months old and hates baby food, but LOOOOVES to eat. If I'm eating something, she's grabbing for it. She's had cut up peaches, banana, and cheerios, and she loves pears too but they have only been given in her mesh feeder bc I'm terrified of her choking.

I need ideas on what to give her. Is there anything I should NOT give her?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Give her real food! Small chunks of meats, fruits, veggies. You can steam up any fruits and veggies that are too hard to eat, and shred up the meat into small pieces. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmama11212
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM
My son isnt there yet but all that is good for her:) my niece hated baby food so my cousin feeds her what they eat usually depending if it has spices and something that could maybe bother her. does she eat any vegetables?! If she doesnt like baby food then it best not to give her any in my opinion i hope my son will like food like your daughter good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I give my son everything. He loves chicken and berries. Beans are his favorite food. He also eats oranges, cucumber, apples, and anything you could think of.
He is 9 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM

She's had squash in her feeder and she LOVED it. She's had a few veggies, but mostly in her feeder.

Quoting proudmama11212:

My son isnt there yet but all that is good for her:) my niece hated baby food so my cousin feeds her what they eat usually depending if it has spices and something that could maybe bother her. does she eat any vegetables?! If she doesnt like baby food then it best not to give her any in my opinion i hope my son will like food like your daughter good luck!!

aimesnyc
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Don't be afraid of the choking- it's actually her gag reflex and it's normal.  Feed her small chunks of what you are eating.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

ambk4ever
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Look up LED FEEDING, it actually recommends real food instead of that nasty processed baby food crap!!

proudmama11212
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Thats good:) ive seen many kids who dont eat their veggies im hoping my son does do you mix anything together? My cousin mixes fruits and veggies for my niece

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

She's had squash in her feeder and she LOVED it. She's had a few veggies, but mostly in her feeder.

Quoting proudmama11212:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:50 AM

never tried mixed.

Quoting proudmama11212:

Thats good:) ive seen many kids who dont eat their veggies im hoping my son does do you mix anything together? My cousin mixes fruits and veggies for my niece

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting proudmama11212:

whoopsie16
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM
bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Look up baby led solids.  Babies eat what you eat.  (;

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)