Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some support!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 5 Replies

My dd is almost 5 months old.  She is an extremely difficult baby.  She cries and is fussy majority of the day.  The only thing that helps is holding her and that doesn't always work.  Some days sleeping is ok but most days it's a fight to get her to nap.  The most she'll sleep at night is 8 hours and that pretty rare.  I don't know what to do for her.  My dr. doesn't think she has colic although we think she does.  But I also think that she's just an unhappy baby.  She smiles here and there but not often.  I love her to pieces but most days I want to rip my hair out.  I get little sleep and it's just draining being around an unhappy baby all the time.  And while, my ds had his challenges, he was generally a happy baby.  I just wish I know what to do for her.  Any one else going through the same thing or have any advice for me? :(

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
whoopsie16
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM
do you have any family that can help you? maybe watch her for a day while you get a little mommy time? also other than her being fussy, are you stressed? i noticed ds seems to fuss more when im stressed or tense. hope things get better mama. bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Is she bf or ff? You might try a change in diet if she is bf. Eliminate dairy and wheat, see if that helps. If she us ff try talkngbto her doc and switching to a different formula.
As for sleep at night, at that age both if mine were awake every couple of hours. Most kids don't sleep through the night until well after one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Oh no, I'm sorry. My kids have never behaved this way.

hugs

abra
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM

((hugs)) I feel you, mama! My second was like that.  It was so difficult for everyone. I did end up taking her to a chiropractor who found her neck and back both needed an adjustment. After the adjustment her colic disappeared. It might be worth a shot. 

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

abra
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)