Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Does your baby have any of these problems?

Posted by   + Show Post

Eczema

Asthma

Sensitivity to dairy (either by formula, solids he eats or if you eat/drink it and you're breastfeeding)

Reflux

Does your child have any of those?? Which ones? I'm just trying to figure out how common it is. All three of my kids either have or used to have these issues.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
mommyofblueyes
by Ape on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Both of my kids have super sensitive skin, which causes them to have Eczema.  My son is 5 now, and his has got much better, but my 2 year old still has it. 

iansmommy9
by Natasha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:01 PM

DS had milk protein allergy and reflux. He has asthmatic symptoms, but they won't call it childhood asthma yet. He's been a chronic wheeler since about 5 months old due to RSV, 

he outgrew the reflux and protein sensitivity by age 1. He's almost 2.5.

Devious333
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Ds has eczema and he drank that lactose free Similac formula. MIL thinks ds might have asthma (she has it so she knows the signs) but idk, his pedi didn't seem to think so but I think those with asthma would probably have a good idea what to look for.

Dd doesn't have any of those issues so far..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Oldest son had reflux, he's pretty much grown out of it, we do have to watch intake with things like orange juice.

My younest son has eczema, seasonal asthma (winter and early spring), and sensitivity to dairy.

Marimaru
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM

No issues so far.

amandae21
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:21 PM

True but when  they are getting nebulizer treatments regularly (and mom and older siblings have it) it's pretty obvious... 

Quoting aimesnyc:

My son had slight eczema as a newborn, but nothing severe that couldn't be treated with aquaphor.  As far as I know, they don't diagnose asthma until they are at least toddlers.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM

All my kid's had excemz and my two of my children had reflux

littlemonaghan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM

She had eczema, but it is under control and all but cleared up.

She also has a dairy sensitivity, just like I do. She has problems with cows milk

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:02 AM

Both my kids have eczema.

amy1763
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:21 AM

All 3 of my girls have severe allergies and 2 of them have asthma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)