Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go-Lacta

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone used Go-Lacta or know anything about it? 

I spoke with a lactation nurse today who (finally) had some useful suggestions to help me increase my breastmilk production. I'm down to 1 1/2-3oz PER DAY right now.

I explained how Abby has a tantrum when I try to breastfeed her and when I was sick in November/December my supply has been steadily declining to the point where I'm in total panic right now, especially since I can only pump. 

She suggested several things, one was Go-Lacta. A second was Domperiodone and the third being to attempt breastfeeding when Abby-cakes is mostly satisfied (drinks about 2oz milk) before I attempt breastfeeding so she doesn't get so pissed off. 

Let me know if you have any info or postive/negative experience with this medication. I'm enticed by the company's claim that "Go-Lacta® is a plant-based supplement that has scientifically shown to increase mom’s breast milk supply. Mothers who ate Malunggay produced almost 200% more milk than mothers who didn’t."

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM
First off, I recommend posting this in the Breastfeeding Moms group. We have mom who have used both Go Lacta and Domp.
What you pump means absolutely nothing about how much milk you have. 2oz is a full feeding for a breastfed baby, so giving her a full feeding and then trying to nurse defeats the whole purpose of nursing.
How old is she?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Just saw that you posted it in there! lol! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM

bump! I don't know anything about it. Good luck! 

chrisnmandysmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Yes, I spread the love around to get the message out fast to get as much feedback as possible :-)

Abby's 6 1/2 months old now, she'll be 7 months on the 11th. The problem is I'm only making 1 1/2-3oz per day TOTAL. She's only getting ONE breastmilk bottle per day.

We typically save it for bedtime so she is more likely to sleep through the night. She only eats 2oz bottles at a time anyway (she prefers her "baby" bottles and won't drink out of 4oz bottles at all) Nevertheless, she typically wakes up every 2 hours to eat

One thing I forgot to mention, I forget people forget or don't know, Abby was 5 weeks premature. She was born 4# 8oz but is now about 13-14 pounds at 6 1/2 months. 

The nurse suggested feeding her 2oz prior to attempting to breastfeed because she's used to instant gratification and I'm not making enough milk so she's frustrated and it makes her angry (boy does she get angry!! She turns purple, screams, hits, kicks, pinches HARD and arches her back anytime she even thinks I'm suggesting breastfeeding!!!) That way, she'll be more relaxed and possibly more receptive to trying to breastfeed again and won't be starving when we try. 

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

First off, I recommend posting this in the Breastfeeding Moms group. We have mom who have used both Go Lacta and Domp.
What you pump means absolutely nothing about how much milk you have. 2oz is a full feeding for a breastfed baby, so giving her a full feeding and then trying to nurse defeats the whole purpose of nursing.
How old is she?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)