Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat install

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to install 2 Graco turbo boosters into my truck and I'm having a hard time figuring it out. The manual says the back needs to be flush to the truck's seat but because of the headrest there is a rather large gab in between the middle of the carseat and truck seat. Is this allowed?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:29 PM

hmmm, I'm not 100% sure. Have you joined the car seat group? I know that in some states that you can take your car and car seats to the fire department and that they can help you with proper intallation.

crazedmama06
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I'm just requested a join. I have to drive the truck now though so I can't wait to be accepted. lol. We only have a little firestation here and they tried to tell me it's illegal to RF my 21 month old. So I won't be going back there.

rHOPEb
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Wow....the firefighter said it was 'illegal' to ERF?  That's a bunch of bologna!  :(  Anyway.....can you move the headrest up?  I'm not sure.......Do you have a picture?

rHOPEb
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Oh and fyi..........firefighters and police officers are NOT carseat certified technicians.  I think they should have the training but they don't!  My brother is a firefighter and has NO clue how to do a proper install.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)