Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
I know its not a big holiday too most but for some odd reason my dad loves Groundhogs Day. So when of Groundhogs Day I was think of my dad. So I am planning to do a few groundhog crafts with the kids tomorrow and have them make happy groundhog day cars for my dad. I am trying to think of a groundhogs day themed snack but I am can't think of one. Anyways will you do anything special for Groundhogs Day?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
Glitchtastic
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Can we address the fact that the groundhog is flipping adorable!!

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM

No, we don't.

Maybe find out what groundhogs eat; maybe you could make some kind of granola with ingredients that groundhogs would eat.  Groundhog face shaped cookies (I'm thinking something like a Mickey head but with ear "circles" that are only half out instead of barely attached, visually).

ANSLUASI
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Groundhogs are herbivores, so maybe a "groundhog salad" for a snack? Carrots, lettuce, apple bits, berries, that sort of thing.

mamabens
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Nope, just remembering my grandmother, today would've been her birthday.

BabyFruit Ticker

atmsmom2011
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Its my birthday so its already a special day I share it with my grandpa as well. Did the groundhog see his shadow I missed it?

mommyof415767
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I live in punxsutawney and the only thing we do is get anything we need in town before town gets crazy.

sassysuie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Did the groundhog see his shadow?

Cutenessmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I'm Pagan so it is Holiday for us :)  We went Sledding and lit a few candles ot Brigid... 

How about a choclate cake ?

truetigress
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Well in the wild groundhogs eat fruit, leaves, nuts, and grass so if you would like to base your ideas around those....

MommytoTwo.
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Living near Punxy I absolutely hate this day. I don't really consider it a holiday. To each their own though. We don't go in town because of all the people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)