Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Another baby? , Maybe.

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: When to get pregnant again IF IM NOT PREGNANT ALREADY

Options:

Right away :) why not?

Wait a few months and enjoy they summer :)

wait the year or two

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

So I may be pregnant again. I am 17 an had a baby 3 months ago me and my husband have been married since august an we love each other soo much, we havnt tried to have another baby an I am on the depo shot but I am not sure if I am pregnant again and he knows there is a chance. but we talked about us having another baby in a year or two but lately ive been thinking about maybe having one sooner?...thoughts?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rosekit
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM

If you can afford to have another baby now and you want another baby now, go for it. If you can't afford it, and you don't really want one now, wait. I personally would wait at least a few months, enjoy your first baby, before you have another. Mine are close together, but not quite that close. 

abra
by Abra on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Do you feel you could handle another baby? Are you excited about the prospect of being pregnant now?

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Are you living on your own?

Are you able to support your family completely yourselves?

Are you going to be able to afford daycare for 2?

Have either one of you gone to college?

Have you finished high school?

I had my first when I was 18 and got pregnant on purpose with my second at 19. However, we live on our own, we pay our own bills, I am a SAHM, I've been taking college classes.

alandou
by April on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I think that if both of you feel that you are ready and you are secure & stable in most everything in your lives such as finances, relationship & having a home then I say do what you want but you also have to think about the future of yourselves and your children. For example, do you want to go to college, have a career or possibly work from home? Also, timing has an effect on your choices as well. I had my first baby at 31 and she is 3 years old now. I know that we will not have another because I am not 100% secure in any of those things I listed above. For now, I am concentrating on going back to school while my daughter is young and so by the time she is older, I can be working in the field of my career choice and not have to worry so much about taking care of my daughter because she will be more independent.

PrOuDaRmYWiF08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I would enjoy your first baby for a while before having another. I had back to back pregnancies and my boys are less than a year apart. I wish I would have been able to spend a little more time with just my first as a baby. And it definitely is a lot off work having two so close together. Don't get me wrong I love my boys and how close they are going to be in the future as best friends, but it definatly isnt easy. Plus yoyr body needs time to heal ;)

Monica_0812
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:08 PM
It's all up to you and your husband. nobody can or can't tell you when to have another baby. While some couples like to wait some like to have them as close as posible.
I just had my second baby 21/2 months ago but there's a big gap between him and his sister (4yrs to be exact). And hated when people came up to me asking me so when are you guys having another one. my answer was always the same *when we get ready to have another one..so if you choose to have another one and expand your family by all means go and do it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 PM

My answer is fairly simple. I would wait. You have plenty of time to have another. It's your choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN