Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Bedtime routine- help from co-sleepers

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 5 Replies
So, our dd is 16 months old. We have coslept her entire life. We have a pretty good routine. But, I am ALWAYS the one to actually get her to sleep. Her dad used to wake up at night until she was about 6 weeks old. He has never really expressed interest in trying. He buckles to her crying. During the day, he will walk her till she goes to sleep instead of "shut it down". (He will just keep playing with her trying to avoid the sleep monster.) how should we address this issue?

We went through the routine tonight and she was still awake. So I asked him to walk around holding her. She started crying. He came back after 20-30 minutes. Now she is asleep on my chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
pajamamama90
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:43 AM
My daughter Co sleeps with us too. I've been told to just put her in a crib toddler bed pack n play or something an let her cry it out an leave the room n go in there every 10 minutes to reassure her. But I dk if it will work I haven't tried it yet. I hope I can get her to sleep on her own in her own bed.
GoldenLinds
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I co sleep my 19 month old but I'm a single mom and my ex never helped even once and I spent plenty a night walking the hall for hours. Our routine though is that I have him turn on his twilight turtle and humidifier and then I carry him to the light switch to turn the befroom light off. Then he snuggles down into the blankets. We are still nursing but even on those rare nights when he has taken his bottle to bed this routine signals to him its sleep time so he still lies down and goes to sleep. I might plan a night away with a friend to try and get dh to step up and usebthe routine to get your LO to bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ballerossandra
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM

good luck,,i cant do the cio

so we are still sharing my bed

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I'm not sure, maybe look at drjaygordon.com for advice on transitioning from a family bed? I've heard it recommended, but never needed help with sleep stuff.

My kids always start the night in their own bed/room and I try to lay them down sleepy but awake periodically all along, so I never had to transition them it just happened naturally as they started sleeping through the night.
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellyote
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Thanks for the replies. I am wondering what to expect when trying to get someone else to put her to bed. We will still co-sleep. Is that an oxymoron? Is it logical to want df to lie down with her to sleep too? And can that be achieved only on the occasion? She nursed to sleep for the longest time. Then I started to pop her off before she went to sleep. But, I'm still the last thing she is with before she sleeps. My dd has never admitted to being sleepy and does not agree to bed time. I tried suggesting my df stay in the room with us. But, he says he's just a distraction. That is kind of true. She has cuddled up, and then she will get this little grin and start "talking" to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN