Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wipes: What kind do you buy and how do you decide?

Posted by   + Show Post

Question: Do you stick to a particular brand of wipes?

Specific brand/same as the diapers I use

First ones I see

Whatever's cheapest/on sale/have a coupon for

I experiment to see what I like best

Other (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 102

View Results

There have seen a lot of posts about diapers and what the best brands are, but I'm curious about wipes. I never knew how many types/options there were! As a first time mom of a 3 month old, I'm still experimenting with all the different brands and types to see what works best for me. How did/do you Mamas pick your favorite wipes?
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Replies (31-40):
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I use cloth wipes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM

We only used disposable wipes when we were out and about but at home it was either cloth or a shower for clean ups. I only use water on the cloth. One of my kids has extremely sensitive skin so i don't like using disposables because she gets reactions to stuff that is sold for the sensitive skin

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Same and they have an elephant on the design :)

Quoting jessicaaris:

I used to get Huggies wipes but now I just get Parent's Choice, they are cheaper and equal quality to different brands.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
When I used disposables, huggies or up&up were the only ones I used.
I'm using cloth now and still experimenting. I have a pretty good selection but I tend to reach for the Charlie Banana wipes for wet diapers and the organic hemp kissaluvs for poopies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I use the parents choice. They aren't super thin and they are cheap. Just as good as the huggies one n dones if you ask me!

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Personally I don't buy or use wipes.  I hate throwing my money away, and there are enough things I have to buy on a regular basis, that are in essence throwing my money away (i.e. toilet paper, diapers).  So instead I have a stack of washcloths that are used only for cleaning little butts.  I use a clean cloth at every changing, and they usually make a full load in and of themselves by the end of the day.  ( I have 2 in who is working at potty training, but it's been slow going...)   When I have to go somewhere, I usually just pack a dozen or so clothes, and an extra bag to put them in when they are dirty. 

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I use the Target brand (Up brand?) for diapers and wipes. I used to use Huggies, I thought they were awesome (and they were), but my DD kept peeing out of them at night. lol. Once I switched, we didn't have that problem anymore.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I love pamper sensitive :) they work best for us. I feel huggies rip easily, parent choice has a weird smell to me, up and up feels cheap.
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

We like huggies thick wipes refills. Our whole family uses them. And i do the rewards points so they are awesome!! I buy parents choice single packs in the box for the diaper bag

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Unscented up and up

And cloth
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN