Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Wipes: What kind do you buy and how do you decide?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you stick to a particular brand of wipes?

Options:

Specific brand/same as the diapers I use

First ones I see

Whatever's cheapest/on sale/have a coupon for

I experiment to see what I like best

Other (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 102

View Results

There have seen a lot of posts about diapers and what the best brands are, but I'm curious about wipes. I never knew how many types/options there were! As a first time mom of a 3 month old, I'm still experimenting with all the different brands and types to see what works best for me. How did/do you Mamas pick your favorite wipes?
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Replies (31-40):
MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I use cloth wipes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cynthje
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM

We only used disposable wipes when we were out and about but at home it was either cloth or a shower for clean ups. I only use water on the cloth. One of my kids has extremely sensitive skin so i don't like using disposables because she gets reactions to stuff that is sold for the sensitive skin

newmom121812
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Same and they have an elephant on the design :)

Quoting jessicaaris:

I used to get Huggies wipes but now I just get Parent's Choice, they are cheaper and equal quality to different brands.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
When I used disposables, huggies or up&up were the only ones I used.
I'm using cloth now and still experimenting. I have a pretty good selection but I tend to reach for the Charlie Banana wipes for wet diapers and the organic hemp kissaluvs for poopies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sassysuie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I use the parents choice. They aren't super thin and they are cheap. Just as good as the huggies one n dones if you ask me!

JTnJT
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Personally I don't buy or use wipes.  I hate throwing my money away, and there are enough things I have to buy on a regular basis, that are in essence throwing my money away (i.e. toilet paper, diapers).  So instead I have a stack of washcloths that are used only for cleaning little butts.  I use a clean cloth at every changing, and they usually make a full load in and of themselves by the end of the day.  ( I have 2 in diapers....one who is working at potty training, but it's been slow going...)   When I have to go somewhere, I usually just pack a dozen or so clothes, and an extra bag to put them in when they are dirty. 

gilbertgrl627
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I use the Target brand (Up brand?) for diapers and wipes. I used to use Huggies, I thought they were awesome (and they were), but my DD kept peeing out of them at night. lol. Once I switched, we didn't have that problem anymore.

SaraSnider
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I love pamper sensitive :) they work best for us. I feel huggies rip easily, parent choice has a weird smell to me, up and up feels cheap.
Mrs.Bolin
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

We like huggies thick wipes refills. Our whole family uses them. And i do the rewards points so they are awesome!! I buy parents choice single packs in the box for the diaper bag

RADmomma
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Unscented up and up

And cloth
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)