Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Wipes: What kind do you buy and how do you decide?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you stick to a particular brand of wipes?

Options:

Specific brand/same as the diapers I use

First ones I see

Whatever's cheapest/on sale/have a coupon for

I experiment to see what I like best

Other (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 102

View Results

There have seen a lot of posts about diapers and what the best brands are, but I'm curious about wipes. I never knew how many types/options there were! As a first time mom of a 3 month old, I'm still experimenting with all the different brands and types to see what works best for me. How did/do you Mamas pick your favorite wipes?
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Replies (71-80):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM

We normally buy whatever is on sale

lhan001
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

unscented and alcohol free wipes and cheaper ofcourse.

neptunekitty
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Pampers or cloth
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I like to get the best deal on the best wipe for me.  This happens to be Target's Up & Up brand sensitive wipe.  Seems like I'm not the only one because they always seem to be out of stock on them!

adwarfstar
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM

i went through a few types, but i prefer pampers sensitive.

LilrockerMama
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I get huggies natural care, and I use luvs diapers. I've used cheap wipes and they are way to wet and leave the button too moist so I only buy huggies natural care they are perfect for us. I hate huggies diapers though
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

We use Sam's club, BabiesRUs, Target or Walmart generic "cloth-like" unscented wipes

By trial and error 11 years ago with my oldest I figured out that these were what didn't make my baby break out and I like the texture of them better.

mommys2babies
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I use huggies one & done wipes or pampers sensitive
flor719
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I look for the biodegradable or compostable wipes as I figure for the thousands of wipes I will use in her first year the least I can do is try to help the environment in whatever little way I can. I have tried, Babyganics(hate them), Bum Boosa (LOVE THEM), nature babycare, NATY (thin and not so moist but cheap and eco friendly), Gdiapers (also great). If anyone else has any suggestions. I hear Attitudes at target might be good too.

Scribbleprints
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM

The Parent's Choice (walmart brand) newborn "cloth" wipes are amazing (not the regular one--specifically the ones labeled "cloth").  I would pay MORE for these, as I haven't seen any other wipes like them (you can visiably tell the difference), but they cost less than anything else I've seen except the Parent's Choice regular wipes.   They are the best for gritty or dried on poop.  

I do also like the "Thick and Clean" wipes.  They cost a bit more but are nice when you don't want to get your hands dirty they really are thicker and that's really nice when you get "soupy poo". 

Apart from those two, and, Target's store brand, which is so thin that it rips while using it sometimes, so I don't see any significant difference between brands.  I do like the pampers wipes boxes..  I get one of those with the cute designs and then refill with cheaper ones. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN