Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help me!? My baby won't sleep unless...

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 20 Replies
I am holding her! The past few nights have been awful! My daughter is eleven months, 12 on the 17th. We have never co-slept with her. She sleeps in her crib, recently when it is bedtime when I lay her down she starts crying immediately. I don't like CIO but I have tried that and she still won't sleep. I only let her cry for about 10 minutes before I went to get her. Before bedtime she gets a warm bath and a warm bottle. Even if I rock her to sleep and then lay her down she always wakes up. So desperate for sleep I bring her to our bed. I put her beside me, no good. Not only is our bed not very spacious but she wants me to hold her. She has to lay on my chest and be against me to sleep. I don't know what to do to get her back in her bed, or why she is acting this way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MisterandMe
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Anyone?
mamabens
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM

could she be sick( ear infection?)  or teething? I'dsay it's a stage & will pass soon

BabyFruit Ticker

MisterandMe
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM
She's not sick. I guess it could be teething. We haven't had to deal with that yet, she has no teeth yet.

Quoting mamabens:

could she be sick( ear infection?)  or teething? I'dsay it's a stage & will pass soon

newmom121812
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Growth spurt maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettymommylove
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM

sounds like teething, try some teething tablets but that's pretty much the only way my baby sleeps

Brandy85412
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:46 PM

my dd went through that a few weeks ago and will do it periodically. I think its teething or she just isn't feeling good. I would try to get her to sleep in her crib first but let her lay with me if she keeps crying some nights it takes a couple of hours to get her sleeping in her crib.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM
A family friend that is a doctor had told me to do camomile tea at bed time and brew it as one cup water and 4 bags. It seems to help but my ds doesn't like it that strong so I brew it and then dilute it some. GL mama. I also lay ds down in the crib (he has s fan on in the room too) and hust sing to him while he is laying there. My only other advice would be CIO Which don't like. Hope some of this helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM

you didnt try hard enough. keep trying. Leave her in there because she knows that you will come running and get her everytime if you continue. Do you have and music in the room,nightlight? We have a crib projector with music. Its a life saver. Nothin you can do but continue to let her learn to soothe herself to sleep. Its completly normal that she is doing this

Amberleigh81
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Ew. Don't abandon your baby when she needs you.

It's probably teething. Tylenol and teething tablets can help, but your baby is in pain. Once the teeth come, she'll go back to her normal sleep patterns. Hold her. She needs you because she's in pain. It may last a few weeks, but it will pass.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

you didnt try hard enough. keep trying. Leave her in there because she knows that you will come running and get her everytime if you continue. Do you have and music in the room,nightlight? We have a crib projector with music. Its a life saver. Nothin you can do but continue to let her learn to soothe herself to sleep. Its completly normal that she is doing this

MisterandMe
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't stand to hear her cry. I hate CIO, tried it once it didn't help. I won't do it again. I have teething tablets I will try them tonight and see how it goes!

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Ew. Don't abandon your baby when she needs you.

It's probably teething. Tylenol and teething tablets can help, but your baby is in pain. Once the teeth come, she'll go back to her normal sleep patterns. Hold her. She needs you because she's in pain. It may last a few weeks, but it will pass.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)