Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going out

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have a 4 week old daughter and really want to go back to church, how long did you wait to take your baby out of the house? I'm only breastfeeding so a babysitter isnt an option.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We went out the day after we came home from the hospital.We didn't keep her in the house.

mandapanda82
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM
She was in the nicu for a month- but the day she came home we went out to dinner that night
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM
We were out the day we got home. Mshe was 1 day old. We were at church when she was 11 days old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Wow 4 weeks is a long time! Lol you just have to do what you feel is best. For us if the weather was nice we were out within days of my kids being born. I always seemed to need things from the store right after leaving the hospital lol. And with my 3rd I took her to a friends wedding when she was about a week old.

shilohsmommy215
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM

im concerned because of the weather and we are in the middle of flu season

Nicole1357
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM

A few weeks ,but try to pump first if you feel uncomfortable about breastfeeding in public.  

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I would die if I stayed in the house for 4 DAYS, there's no freaking way I could stay home 4 weeks. I went back to my normal daily activities (going to the store, going to church when I still did that, eating out, going to friends, etc) immediately after being released from the hospital. Heck, I went back to work at 2 weeks when I still worked with the older 2!

Resume living your life mamma! There's no reason not to assuming you have a normal healthy newborn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I had to wait 3 or 4 weeks but ds was preemie. You should be fine to go out. Just be cautious about hand washing and not too much passing around of your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM

We went back to church as soon as I could walk again! :-) 

babygomez
by April on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:12 PM

3 days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)