Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Throwing the baby in the air

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

hahaha

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmom121812
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Haha. They seriously shouldn't be thrown in the air though. I knew a women who had a daughter who died from it. ---her dad was throwing her a noise distracted him looked away for a second and she hit the floor. She was between 1-3 I can't remember exact age it takes one mistake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM

That is terrible, but I'd have to argue that throwing the baby in the air was not the problem so much as an irresponsible dad. My kid have been thrown in the air countless times and haven't been harmed. There will always be something out there that *could* harm or kill us (being in a car accident, for instance, is still one of the top causes of death in America.) You have to pick your battles after weighing the odds against the pros and cons. I am sorry for your friends, loss, though. I know what that feels like. 

Quoting newmom121812:

Haha. They seriously shouldn't be thrown in the air though. I knew a women who had a daughter who died from it. ---her dad was throwing her a noise distracted him looked away for a second and she hit the floor. She was between 1-3 I can't remember exact age it takes one mistake.

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

babygomez
by April on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM

We never throw our kids in the air, but that's a funny picture. Lol

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:25 PM
So true lol! It makes me nervous as hell!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM
My husband never throws our kids up. I would freak out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Funny picture
We throw our kids all the time
They love it.
abra
by Abra on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Thank you! I was beginning to think it was only a couple of us who do that! My kids think it is the funniest trick ever! 

Quoting matofour:

Funny picture
They love it.

matofour
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope:) we have always played rough. Always.
Our kids are very rough and tumble. They love it.
And, it's actually very beneficial for them to rough house. Flipping upside down, helps with balance. It's an inner ear thing.

Quoting abra:

Thank you! I was beginning to think it was only a couple of us who do that! My kids think it is the funniest trick ever! 

Quoting matofour:

Funny picture

They love it.

KayelynnsMama
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:50 PM

DH does this and I freak out. He has a friend and they are always throwing the kids to each other. The kids love it, I hate it. He's not allowed to do it to DD. Lol.

proudmama11212
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Not at the moment bryans 3 months but when i was little my parents did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)