Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Scary

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 12 Replies
My gas bill is scary. I always sit before I hope it in the winter. Well I just opened it. And Holy Moly its is $447 this month. Yikes. now I am scared to tell my hubby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Holy crap! I would have a heart attack if my gas bill was that big. 

abra
by Abra on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:27 AM

OUCH!!! I am so sorry! 

kirstina
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:31 AM
My husband might. Lol a few years ago we had a $600+ gas bill we were paying our winter gas over the summer with a payment plan.

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

Holy crap! I would have a heart attack if my gas bill was that big. 

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM
I agree

Quoting abra:

OUCH!!! I am so sorry! 

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM
That's insane. I've never had gas & electric combined be anywhere near that much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Krista on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM
My oil bill runs over 700 month and that's only for 200 gallons. it's not even for a full tank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Our bill used to be that high. I went on their budget plan so I pay around $200 a month all year long so that during the winter my utility bill isn't higher than my mortgage.
jhslove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:34 AM

When we lived in a turn-of-the-century apartment with poor insulation in the Northeast, we used to pay $500 a month for heating oil in the winter. It's one reason we got out of that apartment and refused to move into another that was heated with oil.

Where do you live?

jessicaaris
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM

OMG!!! That sucks! Everything in our house is electric so our electric bill is a lot higher in the winter, but our electric company offers a budget billing thing so you pay one flat rate all year. But it would be be like $230 in the winter if not for that. It was only about $80 in the summer. Eek!!

kirstina
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM
i would be in thrilled if my gas and electric was only 280 all year. our electric bill last month was $140.

Quoting jessicaaris:

OMG!!! That sucks! Everything in our house is electric so our electric bill is a lot higher in the winter, but our electric company offers a budget billing thing so you pay one flat rate all year. But it would be be like $230 in the winter if not for that. It was only about $80 in the summer. Eek!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)