Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething and rosey cheeks

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:50 AM
  • 8 Replies

Evening, ladies!

My 7 month old son has the rosiest of cheeks (from teething) and I'm wondering if you guys had any advice for me...is there anything I should/could put on his face to help with this? Or do we just have to wait it out? I don't think it's bothering him, but it's hard to say if he's fussy from that, or the fact that he's sprouting a couple of new teeth. It's only really bad in the evening...but it looks very painful :( Anyone care to share your secrets on how to deal with a teething (and very cranky) baby?

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mandapanda82
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think they are a problem/ my dd has them and they're also a little dry so I just put some aquaphor on them- I really don't think they bother them. It could also just be a reaction to the cold weather..(if it is cold where u are).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TootsMcGoots
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quoting mandapanda82:

I don't think they are a problem/ my dd has them and they're also a little dry so I just put some aquaphor on them- I really don't think they bother them. It could also just be a reaction to the cold weather..(if it is cold where u are).

Cold isn't even the right word to describe the temperature where we are...lol But I don't think that's it, because we never leave the house...

What is Aquaphor?

mandapanda82
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Aquaphor is a very concentrated lotion it's like Vaseline kind of. Or you could just use Vaseline;)

Quoting TootsMcGoots:

Quoting mandapanda82:

Cold isn't even the right word to describe the temperature where we are...lol But I don't think that's it, because we never leave the house...

What is Aquaphor?

TootsMcGoots
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Sweet, thanks! :)

Quoting mandapanda82:

Aquaphor is a very concentrated lotion it's like Vaseline kind of. Or you could just use Vaseline;)

Quoting TootsMcGoots:

Quoting mandapanda82:

What is Aquaphor?

funhappymom
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

You could also try coconut oil. It can be found near the other oils at the grocery store and it much better than vaseline is for little ones.

I love coconut oil.

Heather2001
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:36 AM

My LO's cheeks are all red from teething, too.  I don't do anything for it, though.  They aren't dry or anything so nothing will really help.  It's just from all the extra blood flow to that area.  =)

dx1066
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM

You are going to think this sounds crazy, but if I can't find my tube of Aquaphor (which I love, btw) I grab the Desitin.  You have to rub it in better, but it really clears up a chapped face, and it creates a barrier so their drool doesn't really soak into the skin easily.  Also works great for bug bites!!  Hey, if it will take the redness away from their butts, why not everywhere else?!

marihla
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM
On the contrary, you want the cheeks to be Rosy because the color is an excellent indicator of pain. Once the color goes away, the pain does too. We fold wash cloths in quarters and wet then freeze them. Teething rings, a cool bath and some fingers and toys to chew on. We like to massage her gums, that is her favorite part!

Tylenol if it gets to be too much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)