Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

spitting up? acid reflux???

Posted by   + Show Post
My 3 month old daughter has been spitting up alot lately. It has been goin on for about a month. She has been on Gerber Good Start Gentle for 4 months. The dr told me it may be acid reflux. So he gave her some medine. The medicine seems to help a little. However she is still doing it. She done it 3 times yesterday. yesterday was her 2nd day on the medicine. She was spitting up after almost every feeding. My question is, is this normal for a babyto spit up, or is there anything I can do to prevent it or at least help it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
bestrong218
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Maybe I should talk to the pediatrician and see if I should try switching formulas first? It seems mostly to flare up at night.
Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM

they make a wedge pillow that you can put underneath their sheet to prop them up at night. My dd had this issue she didnt like to lay flat because of acid reflux

Quoting bestrong218:

Maybe I should talk to the pediatrician and see if I should try switching formulas first? It seems mostly to flare up at night.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:34 PM
How much are you giving per bottle? Maybe it's too much for her tummy to handle. Also make sure to burp thoroughly and keep upright for about 30 minutes before laying baby down.
bestrong218
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I give her 3oz. We have tried 2 and 4 oz and 4oz was too much but 2oz was too little for her.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Is she gaining? Spit up is normal in a formula fed baby. Babies can't really digest the harshness of formula.
bestrong218
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM

yeah, shes gaining weight. I know spit up is normal but, I need to connect with other moms that have children with acid reflux and Gerd because I am having a real hard time understanding it and my baby is real miserable because of it and I am not coping well with it.

LilTymomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Depends on how much. Is it a lot? My little one was on Enfamil Gentle ease and was never on meds for it. You shoukld ask your dr about it. The gerber one didn't help mine at all. 

bestrong218
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM

shes gained 2 pounds since birth. yeah, we are switching drs so I will get a second opinion because this is awful. I hope she recommends something else because I dont think the meds are working. today especially is terrible. I just feel so bad.

3hearts3
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM

My son is 4 1/2months now..He was sent to Childrens to be tested forAcid Reflux and yes he has it..He has spit-up since day one..Not alittle but alot.They have changed his milk four times.He is on SOY and it helps.Also they just have put him on acid reflux meds.He spits up some now but,not as ill as he was..The meds. seem to help him with his whinny. His doctoreven got meto put rice  cerealin hisbottle..Also feed him setting up as much as u can..Keep him up for 30mins. after each feeding.

Quoting aarensmommy:

dd always spit up dr told us to try soy, it seemed to help.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Just curious, but how can a 3 month old be on formula for 4 months? Also, she should have gained 3 pounds in 3 months. 2 lbs is slow weight gain.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)