Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

When did you fall in love with your child?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:24 AM
  • 52 Replies

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alandou
by April on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Before she was even born. It really sunk in once I could see and feel her moving inside of me. One day (in my 3rd trimester), I was very emotional and she was moving alot. I started crying out of joy and told her that I loved her and that I was so happy she was in my life and that I waited a long time for her.

jeniemarie
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM
with my first,DD, at her 20 wks ultrasound. i had made it through my miscarraige wks so i felt i could finally love her

with my DS it was different. it wasnt till i actully heard him cry that i got that warm loving feeling. he was very unplanned and up until the doctor took him out, csection, i was thinking about adoption. but once i heard him that was it he was mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blue_Spiral
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Well... seeing his 3 month ultrasound made me kind of flip out and feel protective and loving towards the little creature inside of me.

But, when he was born, about a minute afterwards I was holding him and checking him over and it started to hit me, how damn amazing he was.

Then it was probably the next night when the shock wore off an all the hormones of intense love and protection were still raging when I was like DAMN I LOVE THIS THING IN MY ARMS lolol

I am Kaela, a proud 24 year old atheist, pro-choice, single Mama to full-term breastfed, co-sleeping, freebirthed, intact, lucky little Wolfgang!

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." 

lexxie28
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:56 AM
1 mom liked this

When she was about nine months, she woke up from her nap and she was crying and I picked her up and said, "mamas got you",  and she wrapped her little arms tight around my neck and BAM I fell in love with her. What can I say some moms are late bloomers. Before she I cared for her and loved her as I ought to, but at that moment that is when I fell in love with her.

SaraSnider
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Dd- first sono at 9weeks 4days.
Ds- when i held him for the first time..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tobysmom103
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:31 AM

ds- when he was born

dd-when i found out i was pregnant

AleaKat
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:33 AM
The moment they layed them on my chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:08 AM
DS1 when I found out I was pregnant.

DS2 when I found out I was pregnant.

DD around 11 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrystan
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:18 AM
As soon as I saw the word pragnent on the test stick. He wasnt planned but I knew at that moment he was ment to be and I would never let anything bad happen to him. He brought the happiness back into mylife.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:24 AM
2 moms liked this

this might make me sound weird, but when i was just a child myself. i was maybe five, and my dad told me that one day, i'll be a mom. i'd never thought of it before, but the idea so captivated me, and i yearned for it. ever since then, every lesson i've learned, every activity i've done, every goal i've set was to make me a better mom. the idea that one day, i'll be teaching my children to love, to grow, to find happiness kept me going when times were tough.

when i dated, i looked for a guy who would be a great dad. and now that they are here, it is every bit of fun as i'd hoped. i absolutely love motherhood, and all the challenges it brings. i hope that all my preparation pays off.

haha, this makes me sound like i am nothing without my kids. i think they've enriched my life, but they're not my whole life. they're just the absolute best part of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN