Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is anybody else desperately clawing their way out of a Mommy coma?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a 5 year old DD in Kindergarten and a 1 year old DS who is just starting to get over reflux. It's been one hell of a year - 2 years. My Dad passed away 2 years ago, then I was pregnant, and then the reflux year from heck. I just have not slept well in a VERY loooong time!

So my new years resolution was to come out of my Mommy coma, step by step, making mini goals for myself.

Please have a good laugh at some of the ridiculous things I ACTUALLY have to prioritize.

1. Moisturize! lol - I get out of a shower and I have sh*t to do immediately, except on weekends when DH is home. I'm so dry that I'm getting freakin' psoriasis!

2. Get my hair colored and cut - I did this! It looks fairly boring, so the next one I'll put a little more money into, but I needed to be cheap so it was a freakin' Grouponl, and it did the job.

3. Line up my surgery - I'm getting an abdominal repair and tummy tuck. I'm small, my kids were big. No, I'm not lazy, I have what amounts to a huge hernia hanging off of my belly. Both the general surgeon and plastic surgeon were equally horrified, and had only seen 2 or 3 other cases this bad. I'm 5'3". 120 lbs, and I look 5 months pg at all times. The rest of my body is fine.

4. Get some new clothes, and not wear sneakers everywhere.

5. Just start moving! Spring is coming, I'm going to just start with walks. Go from there.

6. Go out with my friends. I never go out with friends anymore. It's insane.

7. Get my baby sleeping better and hire a babysitter! Date night with DH.

8. Have more playdates at my house for my DD, She is shy but very well liked, and I just need to have her friends over more... now that I have enough energy to clean the house a bit more.

and

9. Cook more. Come up with more simple, doable recipes. My DH loves to cook, but it takes until too late and we often/usually eat separately from the kids. Today I made baked ziti.

ANYBODY ELSE this pathetic? lol

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs

In still climbing my way out! My last 2 kids are now 2 & 4. Both were very high maintenance kids. I always got put on the back burner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

You are NOT alone!!!  Our Lil Chunker is 6mos and I'm barely feeling 'normal' again.  Still got some body issues to work out so my clothes look right again, but don't have the time and when I get the time I would rather SLEEP!  Oh sleep........I just want a straight 5-7hrs of sleep!  I can do without nice hair and clothes, just give me some SLEEP!  :D

Lottie925
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM

BUMP!

dx1066
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I decided I needed to start back with your #1 just the other day!!  I suffered from psoriasis before I got pregnant, and I managed to get it completely cleared up by my wedding.  That was almost 5 years ago.  I had my dd in May, and a few months ago, it started creeping back!  In places I never had it before.  I use to lather myself up completely before and during pregnancy.  Now I just don't have time.  I lathered by belly up three times a day while pregnant.  I used Belly Butter, and it got to the point that it ruined some of my maternity shirts because I was reapplying so much!!  I have no stretch marks though!  The other night my husband said, I miss the way you use to smell before you got pregnant.  He always made sure I had a full supply of his favorite Bath and Body Works scents.  Now they just sit on the shelf and stare at me as I dry off and get dressed.  It's sad because it literally takes about 30 seconds to lather myself up, but I think I've just lost the interest more than anything.  I'm a defeated mother.  Lol.

Soccersb110
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I want an abdominal repair/tummy tuck!!....I'm 5'1 and rt now 127lbs my son was born 8lbs 2oz and I was 100lbs before pregnancy......and my belly still look 4-5mo preg :/......but I don't have money for surgery so I think I gonna have to try old fashion way and exercise :/ mayb I can get it to wk....the rest of my body look perfect it just this extra belly :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lottie925
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Mine is going to be covered by insurance. My muscles are very far apart and internal fascia is stretched so thin it does not hold in the internal organs and its dangerous to leave it tht way.

If you have regular insurance, you should request a consult with a general surgeon to see if you would qualify.

Quoting Soccersb110:

I want an abdominal repair/tummy tuck!!....I'm 5'1 and rt now 127lbs my son was born 8lbs 2oz and I was 100lbs before pregnancy......and my belly still look 4-5mo preg :/......but I don't have money for surgery so I think I gonna have to try old fashion way and exercise :/ mayb I can get it to wk....the rest of my body look perfect it just this extra belly :/

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Good for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)