Is anybody else desperately clawing their way out of a Mommy coma?
I have a 5 year old DD in Kindergarten and a 1 year old DS who is just starting to get over reflux. It's been one hell of a year - 2 years. My Dad passed away 2 years ago, then I was pregnant, and then the reflux year from heck. I just have not slept well in a VERY loooong time!
So my new years resolution was to come out of my Mommy coma, step by step, making mini goals for myself.
Please have a good laugh at some of the ridiculous things I ACTUALLY have to prioritize.
1. Moisturize! lol - I get out of a shower and I have sh*t to do immediately, except on weekends when DH is home. I'm so dry that I'm getting freakin' psoriasis!
2. Get my hair colored and cut - I did this! It looks fairly boring, so the next one I'll put a little more money into, but I needed to be cheap so it was a freakin' Grouponl, and it did the job.
3. Line up my surgery - I'm getting an abdominal repair and tummy tuck. I'm small, my kids were big. No, I'm not lazy, I have what amounts to a huge hernia hanging off of my belly. Both the general surgeon and plastic surgeon were equally horrified, and had only seen 2 or 3 other cases this bad. I'm 5'3". 120 lbs, and I look 5 months pg at all times. The rest of my body is fine.
4. Get some new clothes, and not wear sneakers everywhere.
5. Just start moving! Spring is coming, I'm going to just start with walks. Go from there.
6. Go out with my friends. I never go out with friends anymore. It's insane.
7. Get my baby sleeping better and hire a babysitter! Date night with DH.
8. Have more playdates at my house for my DD, She is shy but very well liked, and I just need to have her friends over more... now that I have enough energy to clean the house a bit more.
9. Cook more. Come up with more simple, doable recipes. My DH loves to cook, but it takes until too late and we often/usually eat separately from the kids. Today I made baked ziti.
ANYBODY ELSE this pathetic? lol