Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Quitting the bottle..

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 22 Replies
Should I just quit cold turkey or what? I don't know what to do but I'm sick of this stupid thig..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sikkr
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM
How old. You could limit the times they have it. Like only at night then slowly get rid of them. That's how did it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I started buying different styles of sippy cups. I bought 5 different ones before i found the one he likes
little.worthen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM
He's 14 months

Quoting sikkr:

How old. You could limit the times they have it. Like only at night then slowly get rid of them. That's how did it.
little.worthen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Sorry. I Should have clarified. He drinks out of sippy cups except he drinks a bottle while I rock him to sleep... So I'm trying to break that

Quoting hplesha:

I started buying different styles of sippy cups. I bought 5 different ones before i found the one he likes
hplesha
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I only offered the cup after he found the one he liked. So, technically i made him quit cold turkey. If yours is still attached, try only giving him just water in the bottle and ' the good stuff' in the cup. He should catch on unless he likes water lol

Quoting little.worthen:

Sorry. I Should have clarified. He drinks out of sippy cups except he drinks a bottle while I rock him to sleep... So I'm trying to break that

Quoting hplesha:

kaitlynsmommy09
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I quit cold Turkey my daughter hated Dippy cups she only did straw cups. She was off bottles at 8mths
kaitlynsmommy09
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I quit cold Turkey my daughter hated Dippy cups she only did straw cups. She was off bottles at 8mths
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I always slowly switched. Good luck!

jendawgrox2004
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM

For my daughter I did cold turkey. Tried the same for my son, but he wasn't having it. Instead I started by just giving him only one at nighttime and then ater two days I threw out all the bottles. So, no more formula, no more bottle. Now he drinks a sippy cup with warm whole milk. Tada! Every kid is different. Pick whatever you think is best and you can always change it if it isn't working.

MaddieBsMommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I slowly cut them back, down to one at night....then just transitioned from a bottle to milk in a cup at night....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN