Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CIO method help?! Edit**

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 82 Replies
So I'm starting to try the CIO method with my ten month old. I know it's late but I can't have him wake up every time I put him down.. I want to know how you did it, did u have a night light on did you play music did u go in to check on baby tell me every thing cause I need the help thanks!!

Edit: the main reason why I ask is because baby Dylan got used to me holding him when ever he got up, my mom lives with us and she doesn't let him cry for anything so for I won't have to hear her complain I never let him get his own rhythm.. Now I have to fix it cause he still young I wouldn't want him being a year and a half old and waking up every time I put him down. When it isn't necessary. I take all advice and take it into consideration.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I do not do CIO. Bump

DominickAiden
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Tried couple weeks ago it didnt work for us. Back to holding our baby while he sleeps and hes also 10 months old
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't do cio.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandapanda82
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
A white noise machine helped us.. Also my dd was really bad sleeper. She just would not sleep so I'd have to let her cry for a good 20 min and if she stil wasn't down I'd go in and give her some more bottle. That's all she wanted, if I just tried to snuggle her shed cry more! So it's all in how your baby is
mandapanda82
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Now she doesn't really cry anymore (5 months old) but If she does I go in and don't pick her up I just give her bottle and rock her she s in a rock n play sleeper now. And she goes right back down.. We're getting a crib this week so I'm so nervous about the transition! Well good luck and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Don't listen to the know it All uptight moms who think they know what's best for YOUR baby;)
Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I would never use CIO.

Try "the no cry sleep solution" by Elizabeth Pantley instead.
babydylan3
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Thanks! Ill see what I can change to make it a good habit for him:)

Quoting mandapanda82:

Now she doesn't really cry anymore (5 months old) but If she does I go in and don't pick her up I just give her bottle and rock her she s in a rock n play sleeper now. And she goes right back down.. We're getting a crib this week so I'm so nervous about the transition! Well good luck and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Don't listen to the know it All uptight moms who think they know what's best for YOUR baby;)
Duquesne
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
5 moms liked this
Just because people don't agree, doesn't make them uptight. Lol. What an odd statement you made.

Are we to listen to the mother who ignored the recommendation by the author of the CIO method/book and subjected her newborn to it?

Quoting mandapanda82:

mandapanda82
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I really don't care what you think I was just saying cuz I'm sure there will be moms on here that will tell her to not do this and she's not asking for that she's asking for advice on CIO not on another method;)

Quoting Duquesne:

Just because people don't agree, doesn't make them uptight. Lol. What an odd statement you made.

Are we to listen to the mother who ignored the recommendation by the author of the CIO method/book and subjected her newborn to it?

Quoting mandapanda82:

sunshinepraying
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:11 PM
You can use the noise machines and such while doing it. I did for my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)