Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

A few weeks ago my son (14months) started getting his molars, then got an ear infection, then had an allergic reaction to his antibiotics, then was on steroids, and then got the flu. This poor little boy has been through so much lately it breaks my heart. His sleep schedule started getting whacky from the first, when he started teething. It kept getting worse and worse and worse. Now I cannot get him to sleep before 2 am no matter WHAT I do. I need advice. I can't handle not sleeping and I haven't had any alone time with my SO either. I've tried keeping him up all day with no nap and everything.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Is he still teething?

opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM

start giving him naps and I got mine back on scheduale with sleepy time tea.

angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Do you have a bedtime routine?

mommyhonu
by Mary on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Sometimes when I can't get my LO to sleep, I end up turning off everything and every light and just lay down with baby. I know co-sleeping isnt for everyone but it would only take me an hour to get him to fall asleep. (But that's after bath time & story). Good luck, I hope that you are able to find something to work for you soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
prettymommylove
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:00 AM

sleep begets sleep, give him naps and try laying down with him or moving him to his crib after he's fallen asleep on you, try warming his blankets in the dryer too

AidansMomMom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Yeah and I still follow it even though he doesn't go to sleep afterwards like he used to.

Quoting angela.bouchard:

Do you have a bedtime routine?

AidansMomMom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I have tried this. He won't stay asleep :( I think I'm going to take him to the doctor to see if there's anything physically wrong with them.

Quoting mommyhonu:

Sometimes when I can't get my LO to sleep, I end up turning off everything and every light and just lay down with baby. I know co-sleeping isnt for everyone but it would only take me an hour to get him to fall asleep. (But that's after bath time & story). Good luck, I hope that you are able to find something to work for you soon.

AidansMomMom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM

sleepy time tea?

Quoting opinionatedmom:

opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM

yes it works very well. it works on me and sleeping pills don't

Quoting AidansMomMom:

sleepy time tea?

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Oden123
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:45 AM

My sons dr advised the lowest dose of melatonin after we lost our house in the 2011 flood my soon wouldn't sleep at all it's a natural substance something ur body all ready purr duces it worked n it flooded a month after my sons 1 st bday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN