Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How do you shop?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 10 Replies

ok, my little man is still in his carrier bc he's not sitting upright just yet.. How do you ladies go shopping? do you put the carrier in the cart? there are days when i just want to get the heck out of the house, or i don't want to wait for hubs to have a day off from work to go shopping.. so how do you go about your shopping trips with an infant?

shrugging

any and all suggestions would be appreciated

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I put the carrier in the cart and shop. Or I put my son in a sling and wear him.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Eliots_momma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Please don't prop the infant seat on the cart in the section up front. It is very unsafe.

I babywear when I shop. He's almost 9 months and I still wear him and he loves it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taraf529
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM

oh i won't that's why i'm asking what you ladies do. i know that is not a good thing safety-wise.

Quoting taraf529:

ok, my little man is still in his carrier bc he's not sitting upright just yet.. How do you ladies go shopping? do you put the carrier in the cart? there are days when i just want to get the heck out of the house, or i don't want to wait for hubs to have a day off from work to go shopping.. so how do you go about your shopping trips with an infant?

shrugging

any and all suggestions would be appreciated

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Never a carrier in the cart. Very dangerous.

As an infant my dd went in a sling or wrap. It would make her sleep through the trip and less people would try to touch her that way. Her in a sling made it easy to push the cart and do normal shopping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I always just put the car seat on the cart until they started sitting up on their own, then they'd sit in the cart (still do). I always carry snacks and small toys for them.

mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I do the same.

Quoting babygomez:

I always just put the car seat on the cart until they started sitting up on their own, then they'd sit in the cart (still do). I always carry snacks and small toys for them.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I wear dd or I carry her. Takes me longer, but I don't mind.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I put baby in the moby wrap

abra
by Abra on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I snap the carrier onto the cart seat. 

taraf529
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM

thanks, ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)