Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Need some advice ASAP

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 18 Replies
My son will be two in June and I'm seriously just so drained and stressed, every nap and every night I literally have to walk around holding him untill he falls asleep it's a constant battle with him everyday, he also dose not sleep through the night

Why is my kid like this,
What are ways I can get him off this phase before I go crazy?
Why is he not sleeping through the night,

I just can't even handle him lately hopefully that dose not make be a bad mom :-/ I feel like I did something wrong and that's why he is this way help,
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sara.Worthey
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Don't really have an answer, my almost 2 1/2 year old still requires boob to sleep if I am around. I think because he doesn't have a lovey like his sister, I am his security or comfort item. We are trying to gently push for him to pick one. Good luck though.
Elaina_Rose
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I'm not sure my son has been off breast feeling for almost a year and he has his ninny and his blanky but still needs me to walk him to sleep,

We even tried the tv thing which is horrible it didn't work so we only did it a day but I'm just running out of ideas.

Quoting Sara.Worthey:

Don't really have an answer, my almost 2 1/2 year old still requires boob to sleep if I am around. I think because he doesn't have a lovey like his sister, I am his security or comfort item. We are trying to gently push for him to pick one. Good luck though.
Eliots_momma
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I'm no help. We cosleep and ds has a boob to snuggle and sleep with.

GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Ds was like this, horrible sleeper and wouldn't sleep through the night. I was so drained and just exhausted. You could look at pics of me from when I first had him to 2yrs later and you could see I aged from stress and extreme lack of sleep.  Well I decided enough was enough especially because he was 2 and there was no reason for him to get up anymore. Honeslty I just did a bath, lotion massage, quiet book reading and nursing. I put him in his crib, rubbed his back for a bit and left the room. When he would wake up in the middle of the night I wouldn't go get him or even go in there. Believe it or not after a week he was sleeping in his own bed and through the night. So worth it! GL momma.

jendawgrox2004
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Does he talk yet? My daughter and I tell eachother our days. I make sure all electronics are off and the lights are off. After we are done, she turns over and cries a little but ultimitely falls asleep. Then I switch her to her bed. It works for us. My son is 1 so that's not helpful to you. Anyway, you aren't a bad mom. The age of 2 is difficult for everyone. That's why they're called the terrible twos.

fallenstars
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM
What's yalls sleeping arrangement. Is he in a crib, toddler bed or co sleep etc. I would lay him down and every time he gets up keep putting him back in bed. Be consistant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:03 PM
We did CIO at around 4-5 months and it worked amazing. I know a lot of moms won't agree but the doctor is the one that told us to do this and I would do it again and again. They have to learn how to self soothe. If you are interested in how the doctor told us to approach it pm me and I'll tell you :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenstars
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:03 PM
The walking is consistent you can't do things for a day or two and expect them to work right away. You need to get him into a new routine.

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

I'm not sure my son has been off breast feeling for almost a year and he has his ninny and his blanky but still needs me to walk him to sleep,

We even tried the tv thing which is horrible it didn't work so we only did it a day but I'm just running out of ideas.

Quoting Sara.Worthey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenstars
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM
But at two they can get up and walk around.

Quoting expectantmom81:

We did CIO at around 4-5 months and it worked amazing. I know a lot of moms won't agree but the doctor is the one that told us to do this and I would do it again and again. They have to learn how to self soothe. If you are interested in how the doctor told us to approach it pm me and I'll tell you :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
No crib anymore?

Quoting fallenstars:

But at two they can get up and walk around.

Quoting expectantmom81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN