Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Need some advice ASAP

Posted by   + Show Post
My son will be two in June and I'm seriously just so drained and stressed, every nap and every night I literally have to walk around holding him untill he falls asleep it's a constant battle with him everyday, he also dose not sleep through the night

Why is my kid like this,
What are ways I can get him off this phase before I go crazy?
Why is he not sleeping through the night,

I just can't even handle him lately hopefully that dose not make be a bad mom :-/ I feel like I did something wrong and that's why he is this way help,
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (11-18):
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I agree that CIO works. And it doesnt traumatize your child like some claim.

Quoting expectantmom81:

We did CIO at around 4-5 months and it worked amazing. I know a lot of moms won't agree but the doctor is the one that told us to do this and I would do it again and again. They have to learn how to self soothe. If you are interested in how the doctor told us to approach it pm me and I'll tell you :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenstars
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:57 PM
My dd was in a toddler bed at around 18 months because at 18 months she could climb out

Quoting expectantmom81:

No crib anymore?

Quoting fallenstars:

But at two they can get up and walk around.

Quoting expectantmom81:

We did CIO at around 4-5 months and it worked amazing. I know a lot of moms won't agree but the doctor is the one that told us to do this and I would do it again and again. They have to learn how to self soothe. If you are interested in how the doctor told us to approach it pm me and I'll tell you :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elaina_Rose
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM
We co slep up untill 2 months ago he is in a toddler bed now, it worked for 3 days than right back to normal

Quoting fallenstars:

What's yalls sleeping arrangement. Is he in a crib, toddler bed or co sleep etc. I would lay him down and every time he gets up keep putting him back in bed. Be consistant.
Elaina_Rose
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM
The thing about that is iv tried he just crys and crys and crys to the point that he is shaking and choking.

Quoting expectantmom81:

Elaina_Rose
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Iv been trying to get him off the walking routin since he turned 1

Quoting fallenstars:

The walking is consistent you can't do things for a day or two and expect them to work right away. You need to get him into a new routine.

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

I'm not sure my son has been off breast feeling for almost a year and he has his ninny and his blanky but still needs me to walk him to sleep,

We even tried the tv thing which is horrible it didn't work so we only did it a day but I'm just running out of ideas.

Quoting Sara.Worthey:

Don't really have an answer, my almost 2 1/2 year old still requires boob to sleep if I am around. I think because he doesn't have a lovey like his sister, I am his security or comfort item. We are trying to gently push for him to pick one. Good luck though.

LilyFlair
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM

walk him back to bed, tuck him in, give him a kiss and go back to bed. He will get the point eventually. Stick with it. There is no quick fix.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM
It's not going to happen over night unfortunately. Two years of the same thing will be tough to break. I suggest trying to sing to him or play a cd or even read to him while he is in bed. Don't hold him. You need to make a new routine.

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

The thing about that is iv tried he just crys and crys and crys to the point that he is shaking and choking.

Quoting expectantmom81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenstars
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Then keep taking him back to his bed and laying him down. You have to continue with something you're letting him run the show

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

Quoting expectantmom81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)