Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

In Need Of A Good Baby Sling...

I'm in need of a good baby sling well not in need but I really want a baby sling so I can carry my 1mo old around. I've never used one so I'm in need of a good site that sells comfy, stylish baby slings. If u have a good site plz let me know :) Thanx!!
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (11-18):
hismrsramirez86
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM
It makes sense now didn't think of how it could block the baby's airways laying in the cradle position. Plus it seems kinda suffocating for them and awkward now that u mention it I'm realizing the downs of a sling. I'm now looking into the back pack looking one lol any good sites for those I
Quoting emkirkley:

any carrier is going to have a learning curve, so remember that as well.  I have had a moby wrap, I have a gypsy mama bali breeze (gauze) wrap, two meitais, and a Boba 2g, I loved my moby when my children were very little (aren't supportive or safe after 15-20lbs regardless of what the instructions say and aren't safe for back or hip carries),  I loved my gmbb because it's hot and humid here and gave me lots of breathability and lots of carry options, I loved my mietais because of how adjustable they were and because DH like them more than the wraps or the soft-structured carrier (the Boba).  DH and I now use a Boba and a Kozy meitai almost exclusively.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM

The two sites I posted first are going to be your best bet for many styles of carrier...the ladies that run them will help you with everything you need if you'll email them.  One or both of them has a "lending library" where you can rent a few and try them to see what you like the best and at one time they both had layaway.

Quoting hismrsramirez86:

It makes sense now didn't think of how it could block the baby's airways laying in the cradle position. Plus it seems kinda suffocating for them and awkward now that u mention it I'm realizing the downs of a sling. I'm now looking into the back pack looking one lol any good sites for those I
Quoting emkirkley:

any carrier is going to have a learning curve, so remember that as well.  I have had a moby wrap, I have a gypsy mama bali breeze (gauze) wrap, two meitais, and a Boba 2g, I loved my moby when my children were very little (aren't supportive or safe after 15-20lbs regardless of what the instructions say and aren't safe for back or hip carries),  I loved my gmbb because it's hot and humid here and gave me lots of breathability and lots of carry options, I loved my mietais because of how adjustable they were and because DH like them more than the wraps or the soft-structured carrier (the Boba).  DH and I now use a Boba and a Kozy meitai almost exclusively.

hismrsramirez86
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank u very much u were of great help :)
Quoting emkirkley:

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM

You're welcome

Quoting hismrsramirez86:

Thank u very much u were of great help :)
Quoting emkirkley:

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Ditto. They're the farthest thing from a good stable sling. I bought one and refused to use it on my baby as it was so thin and gave very little room for baby to safely be in without flipping. Instead, its now dd's sling for her baby dolls.

I loved my Maya sling. Got mine on ebay new and I love it above all other carriers ive used.

Quoting larissalarie:

I strongly recommend against this sling. Even though it's "free", it's still not worth the shipping. I personally hated it and have very seldom seen a positive review.

Quoting Jlpmmom:

I got mine from seven slings and you can carry them up to 35 lbs in it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hismrsramirez86
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Are Moby Wraps any good I've been looking at them for quite some time right now and I love how u can use diff wraps with them as they get older
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I've only ever used a moby and a maya ring sling.

squeakers2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I had a peanut shell sling with my daughter, who was a little bit, but it was not a good fit for me and my broad shouldered son after he hit a month old. I have worn him since birth. At a month, he was the size my daughter was at almost 6 months. I ended up making a ring sling. I love my ring sling and would be lost without it. Honestly, I want to make a lighter fabric one and a swim one. Lol. I, obvously, highly recommend a ring sling. If you have a sewing machine, they are easy to make. If not, you can buy them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)