Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Stroller guide lines

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

i want to buy a jeep jogging stroller used, its not one that connects to a car seat, it says that the child should be able to sit by himself before use. But i think it would be ok to start using  it before then probally around 6 to 8 weeks, anyone think other wise 

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM

No, you need to wait until they can sit pretty good... 5-6 months at least. 

proudmama11212
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
i guess it depends on models i didnt put bryan on the stroller(without car seat) till he was 10 weeks but thats because of the climate here in texas!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Davidsmomma1409
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM

i know that they make those rules for a reason, but it seems a bit odd it wait 6 to 8 months, plus that would be winter, and winter in illinois is kinda rough 

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Quoting Davidsmomma1409:

i know that they make those rules for a reason, but it seems a bit odd it wait 6 to 8 months, plus that would be winter, and winter in illinois is kinda rough 

Then get one that will take the carseat snap in... you want it for actual jogging?   The big risk there is their head flopping around... you want them to have very good neck control before sitting in the regular seat.   The carseat provides adequate support.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting Davidsmomma1409:

Then get one that will take the carseat snap in... you want it for actual jogging?   The big risk there is their head flopping around... you want them to have very good neck control before sitting in the regular seat.   The carseat provides adequate support.  

THIS

If you are using it for jogging they need to have better head/neck/torso control  than a little baby.  Depending on how far back the seat lays then you could buy a support to help hold them upright in it IF you are NOT going to use it jogging.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I always wait until they can sit up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN