Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When and how did you cut out the bottle

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 16 Replies
Especially the go to sleep bottle?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowgirls10181
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM
One bottle at a time. And slowly, change to a cup. Ex i usually start with a meal time for a cup, then move to a second meal time for a cup, and so on then to snack time, also when your ready either make the milk thick in the bottle so it wont come out and place a cup in the bed with real milk, or break the nipple on the last bottle, but be sure to have a reserve just n case.. and show the broken nipple and how it wont hold milk any longer.

Also some just totally refuse to give up their bottles for a good while. Good luck
mommys2babies
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM
My son gave up both bottle & formula by himself at 8 months. Good luck to you
mommys2babies
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM
My son gave up both bottle & formula by himself at 8 months. Good luck to you
kameka
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I never did a 'go to sleep bottle', I always fed them when they woke up, but once I started switching my youngest to milk she just didnt want to drink it out of a bottle. My middle and oldest I cut out all but one or two right away and just gave them sippies. They didnt want to be still for the bottles with just milk in them after about a week.
kameka
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Oh, and it was at a year. They NEED formula or breastmilk until AT LEAST a year - cow's milk just doesn't have the nutrients they need.
luvligrl323
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I did it slowly, took away one bottle per week until they were all gone. All 3 of my kids were weened by 1 year. Then make sure you throw away all the bottles so you won't be able to give in if they want it. Offer cups. Let them know they are a big boy/girl and make a big deal of their transition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM

started dropping a bottle and switching to sippy at 11 months with soft-tipped ones.  Nothing wrong with warm milk before bed as long as their teeth are brushed afterwards.

sissy852
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM
my ds still uses a sippy cup at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Bump. We never used bottles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:47 AM

We introduced the sippy cup with every meal at 6 months so my 12 months they didn't care if it was a sippy or bottle. We just stopped giving them the bottle and offered sippy instead and they were fine with it. As for the bottle before bed, we just kept offering it earlier and earlier and started offering a snack with it. Eventually we got it to be where they have a snack an hour before bed with a little to drink. My oldest was harder to switch to that, but my youngest loved food so he didn't care if it was milk or a snack, he just wanted something!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)