Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Sippy Cups (1yr+)

Posted by   + Show Post

I want to get my 15mon old off bottles(i know I'm late) What cups do you recommend that would still make him think their bottles. I have tried all the one from when my 5yr old was younger.

Looking for one that has the bottle nipples on them but are sippy cups.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Replies (11-15):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM

if he still needs as bottle at certain times, keep those bottles... offer sippies, or open top cups at other times.

rogarza13
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I would try the step one sippy cup from nubu (something like that haha) and I've found hidding her bottle and gettin excited for her NEW baba is working she doesn't even look for her old baba now haha good luck

rogarza13
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:20 PM

BUMP!

SaraSnider
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I just got dd off bottles during the day. We used everyone in the book, but since i took her off cold turkey during the day she learned to like almost any sippy. Babies r us has one with a soft spout thats long i will try to get a link
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

What would be the point of even switching if the nipples will still be the same? (I swear I'm not being sarcastic or anything lol)
They have sippys with soft spouts, dd had one, it was the brand NUB. We've never had any issues, but she never had bottles. Good luck mama! :)

The shape, My DD did not want nothing to do with a sippy cup so I got her the sippy cups with a soft spout on it and then after a few weeks I started giving her the hard ones during the day and then a stopped with the soft ones all together 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN