Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Benadryl.

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 8 Replies
DS is nearly a year and 20 lbs. he's got a nasty rash that just popped up after he ate some peaches with me. It doesn't seem to be bothering him and the doctor is closed.
Is Benadryl safe to give to a baby his age? Or would a topical ointment be better.
I'm thinking I may ride this out since it's not really bothering him, and call the doctor in the morning because we've had some ongoing allergic reactions and I'm having trouble pinpointing them.
I suppose I can wait til I talk to the doctor tomorrow, just trying to find some answers in the meantime.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
abra
by Abra on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:02 PM
If it isn't bothering him, I would just let it resolve on it is own. There is baby benadryl at the store, but I don't know what age or dosage is appropriate. Good luck!
birdiemom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Thanks. I just kinda panicked when the rash popped up and started the post before I really thought it through. I'm just so frustrated with his allergies. So far I've got latex, bananas, peaches, and dairy... :-(

Quoting abra:

If it isn't bothering him, I would just let it resolve on it is own. There is baby benadryl at the store, but I don't know what age or dosage is appropriate. Good luck!
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I hope baby feels better!

abra
by Abra on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM
aw man! Poor little guy! Have you taken him to see an allergist or a kinesiologist?

Quoting birdiemom:

Thanks. I just kinda panicked when the rash popped up and started the post before I really thought it through. I'm just so frustrated with his allergies. So far I've got latex, bananas, peaches, and dairy... :-(

Quoting abra:

birdiemom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:55 AM
No, most of the reactions haven't been so bad, so I was trying to figure them out myself before I went to the doctor. But it's getting out of hand now.

Quoting abra:

aw man! Poor little guy! Have you taken him to see an allergist or a kinesiologist?

Quoting birdiemom:

Quoting abra:

lindsay122001
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Hylands makes an all natural allergy type medicine. If your interested.Just saw it at Walgreens yesterday.
amy1763
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Aww poor baby. He can have benadryl. The dosage is very small, i cant remember how much though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:44 PM
My 19 month old was given the ok for 3/4 tsp at 25 lbs. so it would probably be safe to try 1/2 tsp if needed. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)