Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

3 month + toys

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
So my 3 month ol has lost all interest in her swing, play gym and bouncer. It used to entertain her for hours but now she gets in one for 10 minutes and she starts crying until I bring something else to her to play with... What can I get her that she will be interested in for a while?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM
In about a month she can play in an excersaucer. My son loves his. He is also a big fan of tummy and back time on the floor will different toys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I'm not sure, my 3 month old loved those things

Mylittlelovely
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Well she hates tummy time and hates lying on her back. When I have her in her bouncer or even reclined on my legs she is constantly trying to sit up. She pitches a fit if we don't have her sitting up or letting her stand... I've been able to get her to sit in her boppy while I show her toys and talk to her. She is just acting too big for what she is actually capable of and I'm kind of at a loss!
StellarCaterp
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM

It is very important to teach her to be comfortable on her tummy.  This is a very important skill to develop for learning other motor skills such as crawling.  If you have some simple toys that make interesting sounds you can play with her on the floor.  I developed an online guide for parents about how babies learn motor skills to help parents learn how to coach important develop such as tummy time.  You might find it interestesting:

http://stellarcaterpillar.com/category/baby-tummy-time-motor-skill-development/

I would strongly recommend avoiding the exersaucer.  You can read more about it on my website as well.  Try getting down on your tummy on the floor with her so when she lifts her head she sees you and can spend time with you.  Once she is comfortable in tummy time she will love it and will enjoy spending time on the floor playing with toys.  I also recommend some rattles on my site.

victoriangavin
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM
My son also hated tummy time so i would lay on my back on the floor then lay him on my chest and belly where he could see me and talked to him. After a few weeks of this he liked it and tummy time on the floor was easy
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I suggest a jumper like the rainforest jumperoo. If he has good head control its safe. I used to put a rolled blanket around my kids for a little extra trunk support.

ETA if babies to short you can put folded towels, blankets, or a thin pillow on the floor under her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flawskii
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM

DD lost interest in her swing and bouncer around that same time so I got her a jumperoo and bought some toys to play with during tummy time so she won't get bored. DD likes music so anything that makes noise she was interested in.

CafeMom Tickers
kirstina
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Get one of those seats baby can sit up in. Try a bouncer with a folded blanket under babies feet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN