Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom struggles?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:08 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

What would you say that are some of your mom struggles? Mine would be my lack of patience. Our 3 year old is very independent and has a hot attitude when she's angry.  Other than that, she's sweet at candy, LoL.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
taraf529
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM

i'm in your boat, i have zero patience.. and my 5 months ol son has a hot temper too.. has since he was born lol but when he's being all cute he melts me.

also, sleeping.. i just want to sleep at night.. little man sleeps completely throgh the night, but SOMETHING HAS to wake me up.. the stupid dog whining or a neighbor's car, the other night the fan i use for white noise broke so that of course woke me up.

. frustrated

CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM

My sturggle is not blaming myself when he gets hurt. He wants to stand so badly so he tries to pull himself up on things and somtimes that results in him falling backwards and hurting his head. I always have a heart attack and my husband tells me I shoudn't because he's learning and our whole house is carpetted so its not like he's hitting wood floor and that I should just let him try to do it instead of taking him down when I see him attempt to pull up on things.

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Lack of patience is one thing I stuggle with too. I really have to make an effort to be nice when DD is fussing or when i can't figure out what it is that she wants.

The other thing I struggle with is ideas of what to do! DD is at an age where she is exploring things around here, pulling up and cruising, but I am not comfortable letting her do that in every part of the house...so we have two areas where I supervise her to do that....but then She doesn't really "know" how to play with some of her toys and she doesn't really understand when I read and I just don't know if what I am doing are the right activites for her age.

lauratupper
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Balancing the demands of everything and everyone.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Guilty. I start to  feel guilty over things I should not

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I find it hard to find time. Seems like I'm always rushed and then I feel bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newmama012006
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Yeah, patience is an issue for me, too--less so now that I'm on my 3rd kid, but it's still an issue sometimes (the OMG-I-Don't-Want-to-Do-This-All-Over-Again kind of impatience, lol).

My older two are 5 and 7, and we're in the stage where I have to tell them the SAME things over and over and over, and it's driving me crazy!!  Every blessed day, I'm telling them to stop running in the house, to be nice to one another, to not climb on stuff, to stay out of the kitchen (if no one's in there), and on and on and on....

I also struggle with trying not to get so wrapped up in the baby that I don't pay enough attention to my older two.  I don't want the green-eyed monster to show up.  :)  So, I have to consciously make time for my older two and even my hubby, and make sure they still feel loved and special.  It's a struggle, because we all know how those baby hormones work!  :)

Whew!  Great post.  Glad to get that off my chest!  :) 

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

--Philippians 4:13

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)