Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

7 week baby

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM
  • 21 Replies
New to this. My baby is about 7 weeks and she just recently started fighting me everytime I try to feed her at the breast. It's like she's throwing tantrums by kicking and pushing her head back and stiffening her back screaming. It's frustrating and I'm not sure if its me? My milk usually let's down pretty quickly and she usually is satisfied. Any ideas or tips? Maybe she is going through a sleep regression? Growth spurt? Just curious and would like advice. I just hate forcing her sometimes because it seems that's the only way she will calm down and eat. She will start sucking and calm down. Doesn't happen during the night mostly daily and no every day. Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:21 PM
is she getting any bottles?
If so maybe flow preference.
When my son went through growth spurts he would latch and UN latch and cry at the breast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM
It can also be from overactive let down, it can be painful for them. Check out Kellymom.com for help with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tristahope
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:23 PM

BUMP!

ceckyl
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:24 PM
This

Quoting pinkiebabii:

is she getting any bottles?

If so maybe flow preference.

When my son went through growth spurts he would latch and UN latch and cry at the breast.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM

If baby is getting bottles it could be that or is reflux a possibility?

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM
This is what I was thinking. I hope you get it figured out soon.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

If baby is getting bottles it could be that or is reflux a possibility?

AMartin81
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Could be growth spurt, over active letdown, or over supply. I would ask the ladies in the breastfeeding group. They are very informative and will help you sort out the problem. Good luck!

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Sounds like a growth spurt to me!

doodlebug7318
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM
First off thank you all for your advice and sorry I didn't respond sooner. She is getting some bottles only here and there to get use to then when I have to go back to work part time. Pediatrician said to introduce her before 6 weeks so I have. Usually she has no problem going from bottle to breast. Shes not doing ut anymore only when really tired or over stimulated. Kelly mom is a good site I have been on there quite a bit.
doodlebug7318
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Most likely it was a growth spurt. However I have noticed her latch has changed once in awhile to trying to suck nipple only which is painful. The only thing I can think of is due to the bottle feeding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)