Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Need some tips on losing some pounds

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

Its been 10 months since Ive had my daughter love her to death.:) I have been feeling really bad about myself i want to be my old skinny self again. What are some of the excersises you have done that are really helpful for weight loss and to get rid of belly fat?? thank you in advance :)

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Only drink water
No more than 1200 calories a day
Portion control
Healthy foods!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
USD2012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Me too having the same prob.. My son is 8 months and hes now having 4 good meals per day plus bf in the night. I was 60kgs a year and a half ago, went up to 110kgs and now managed to get it down on 90kgs.. its like stuck in 90s for ever. Im bit concern abt a diet control as im still bfeeding. I would be interested in this topic very much.

virgochild79
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Breastfeeding helped me lose my weight. I also walked a lot and drank lots of water. Eat smaller portions every 2-3 hours. Get rid of the junk food. By the way,,it's only been 10 months, be a little more easy on yourself, it'll happen!

miley113012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Healthy trim and zumba love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Blue_Spiral
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I just found this article yesterday:

http://www.howtoreduceobesity.com/3-best-exercises-to-lose-belly-fat.html

abra
by Abra on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM

• Just do it
  •  It doesn't really matter what you do to be active, just that you do it, and you get started right away.
  • Use free weights: Free weights are more challenging than exercise machines because they force you to stabilize the weight, allow natural movements, and will help you build functional strength.
  • Do active chores: Fit activity into your daily life by seeing chores as a way to get exercise. Do lunges while you're vacuuming and squats while you wash the car.
  • Do whole-body exercises: Focus on exercises that will work out multiple parts of your body at the same time.
  • Get at least 60 minutes of exercise daily: For at least 60 minutes every day, make sure you're active. You can even break this time up into manageable 15 minute chunks.
  • Have fun: Find something that's both fun and active at the same time, like dancing or team sports.
  • Pay attention to technique: Cut your risk of injury and improve the quality of your workout by using safe fitness techniques.
  • Team up: Enlist the help of a friend who will work out with you to stay motivated and enjoy yourself.
  • Be persistent: Focus on your long-term fitness goals and never give up.

• What you eat has a great impact on your health, but that doesn't mean you have to do a crash diet. These are a few of the ways you can improve the food you eat without going overboard.

• Cut down on sugary drinks
  • : Reduce your intake, or completely cut out soft drinks, juices, and sports drinks that are full of sugar, and opt for water, milk and healthier options instead.
  • Don't forget to eat your veggies: Eat at least five servings of fruit and vegetables every day.
  • Make sure you're getting enough Omega-3 fats: Eat a diet rich in fish, legumes, and nuts to get Omega-3 fats.
  • Drink water: You've heard it before, but we'll say it again. Drink water to stay hydrated. You can add some cucumber, lemon, orange, or grapefruit to bring some flavor to water if you need to.
  • Never super size: Eating fast food occasionally is not bad, but eating astronomic portions of it is, so stick to smaller servings.
  • Eat whole grains: The outer bran of grains is richer, and whole grains provide healthier carbohydrates than processed ones.
  • Eat a varied diet: Balance your diet with a variety of different food groups to ensure that you get all of the proper nutrition you need.
  • Find out the recommended serving size: Research regular portions for food so that you don't overeat.
  • Keep healthy foods on hand: Make healthy meals and snacks easily accessible, so you'll eat them instead of ones that are bad for you.
  • Eat plenty of eggs: Eggs are high in protein and full of vitamins.
  • Steam your vegetables: Protect the antioxidant properties of your vegetables by steaming them instead of boiling or microwaving them.
  • Avoid processed foods: Do your best to eat foods as close to their natural state as possible.
  • Buy frozen vegetables: Make eating vegetables more convenient by buying and preparing frozen vegetables.
  • Eat lean protein: Get your protein from chicken, beans, and dairy products.
  • Drink tea: Most teas are full of polyphenols and antioxidants that not only make you healthier, but can clean your teeth.
  • Just stop eating junk food: It's obvious and simple, but effective. Don't eat anything that comes in a box.
  • Avoid eating in front of your TV: Pay attention to what you're eating, and avoid sitting in front of the TV, computer or other distractions at mealtime.
  • Eat from a smaller plate: Use salad plates instead of dinner plates to shrink your portions.
  • Eating Out
  • Going out to eat is fun and convenient, but restaurant menus are filled with landmines. Here are a few ways to find healthy food while eating out.
  • Ask for what you want: If the meal you want only comes with fried chicken, ask if you can have it grilled instead.
  • Look for the light options: Many restaurants have a light, low fat, or healthy section on their menu, so check it out.
  • Request extra vegetables: Ask for more vegetables, and you'll probably get them at no charge.
  • Share: Split your entree with someone and you'll get a much more realistic portion size.
  • Get a soup or salad first: Eat a healthy starter, and you'll eat fewer calories overall.
  • Stay away from hidden fats: Descriptions like creamy, stuffed, sauced, or breaded generally indicate that the dish is heavy with fats.
  • Avoid fancy drinks: Most mixed drinks like margaritas or pina coladas are full of sugar. Drink wine, beer, or a simple cocktail instead.
  • Eat fish: Eat on the lighter side and order fish-just be sure to avoid fish that's heavily sauced or fried.

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

paganmommy4
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Herbalife is the best. contact me for more info

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Quoting jridgill:

Only drink water
No more than 1200 calories a day
Portion control
Healthy foods!

This plus exercise

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Don't do those quick fix weight loss pills and/or drinks. They aren't healthy, and when you stop them, you will gain all the weight back and then some.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM

swimming is a great way to shed the lbs and I also agree with drinking at least 8 glasses of water. Stay away from sodas and sugary drinks (even the diet stuff). Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN