Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Giving eggs for my 8 month old

Posted by   + Show Post

Im thinking of starting eggs for my 8 month old son. Can someone guide me pls. Thanks

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Replies (11-15):
USD2012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Thanks alot lovely momies.. blowing kisses

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM

They say a boiled egg yolk is best.  However, my 6mos old son enjoys scrambled eggs.  Its the egg white that can cause allergic reactions.  As long as there isn't a food allergy in your family you should be just fine!

Katt709
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM
If there are no family allergies to eggs then scramble some up and let him have a few bites. Watch for reactions. If none then keep offering them to him. I was feeding eggs around that time. No reason to wait if there is no family history of allergies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Katt709
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
There's no reason to separate the eggs if there is no allergies in the family. Just give him a whole egg. I usually scramble them.

Quoting USD2012:

Hi, tx for your reply... How much did you start up with??? and was it yellow or white??

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I was advised to give my son eggs to help up his calories. Just watch for signs of allergic reaction and make sure it is cooked thoroughly. We just fry them with olive oil or cooking spray, add a little pepper and cheese. When I give it to him I cut it into chunks he can grab and hold onto... This is why I don't really scramble eggs.... Easier for him to feed himself!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I started eggs at 11 months. I was going to start at one, which is what is recommended, but his dad gave him some scrambled while I was at work and he had no issues with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)