Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Overwhelmed

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM
  • 12 Replies

I am 31 weeks pregnant, work full time at a high stress job, care for my 2 1/2 year old, live 2 hours away from all my family & friends, my hubby's job keeps him so busy I feel like a single parent and I feel like I have no support (though I know I do, just maybe not the kind I need.) I feel like my house is never clean, there is always something to stress about, I never know what's for dinner until last minute, I am so exhausted at night and feel like I sometimes let my son down because I get so tired all the time when all he wants is mommy to play. At times I break down or unfortunately take it out on my poor hubby, who tries hard to help out. So, then I feel like a bad mom & wife and feel guilty. I have not been able to enjoy this pregnancy very much and have not even gotten really excited yet. Does anyone else feel this way?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I did that a lot while pregnant. I think for me it was a mixture of the hormones and the stresses of a new one in the family. I hope it gets better. Maybe talk to your hubby about your struggles and maybe he can help out more. As far as meals go, meal planning saved me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I'm sorry :( I can't relate since I've only had one baby so far so didn't have to be a mother while pregnant but I hate your pregnancy has been so stressful

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time! Make a schedule and stick to that schedule. Meal planning, showers/baths, play times. Make time for the important things!

expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I had a more difficult time with my second too. Do you have a friend close by that could give you a break even for just a few hours to just relax?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM

((hugs))

erikays
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I'm sorry :(

Schedules, meal planning and routines help a lot here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLEKate
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes I felt that way. 

I finally accepted that the house was not going to be clean enough.  Or meals weren't going to be grand scale.  i accepted that my son(s) were #1 priority as soon as I walked in the door. Which meant everything else got pushed aside.  I accepted that cudding on the couch while watching a movie was quality time.

I also had to accept that things were NOT always going to be like this.

Once I started accepting this, it took some of the stress away.  Life with young kids is not pretty, nor perfect. 

What you do is your best to keep your head above water until they grow a bit...

I had 2 boys 14 months apart.  My life was quite messy for a few years there.  It was only when they got up to 2 & 3 that I finally had some semblance of "normalcy" in my life.  The house was clean.  Meals were better.  I wasn't as tired.  I wasn't as crabby.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM

((hugs)) If you ever need to chat with someone, you are welcome to message me : )

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:56 AM
I did before I got on top of things. While terribly sick during pregnancy and chasing a toddler, I could stay on top of things by making a cleaning schedule (usually a quick tidy up and focusing on one room ler day to clean) and making a whole menu schedule for the month and sticking to it. Just knowing what youre making for each meal and having a clean kitchen a nd bedroom goes so far to reduce stress.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I am sorry :(. I think it is completely normal to feel overwhelmed, especially while pregnant. Maybe sit down with your hubby and try to figure out a solution that will cause less stress for everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)