Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How normal is this?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:49 AM
  • 23 Replies
I've changed three poop diapers in the last hour and I just heard my baby make another. They all look normal and she doesn't fuss or cry when they happen so I'm at a loss. Is it normal for her to poop so often? Does it have something to do with my breast milk?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alandou
by April on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:12 AM

I can't really help here, but how old is she?

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Six days.

Quoting alandou:

alandou
by April on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww, congrats! I didn't breast feed but I was reading an article just now about how breastfed babies will poop alot during the first month or so and you shouldn't be alarmed by this. If it's runny and seedy, it's normal. I'm sure there will be more mama's on here that can help you out more than I can :)

Quoting Mrsfarr:

Six days.

Quoting alandou:

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:28 AM
Thank you. :) I knew she was supposed to poop a lot but until the last hour, she was averaging maybe 6 a day.

Quoting alandou:

Aww, congrats! I didn't breast feed but I was reading an article just now about how breastfed babies will poop alot during the first month or so and you shouldn't be alarmed by this. If it's runny and seedy, it's normal. I'm sure there will be more mama's on here that can help you out more than I can :)

Quoting Mrsfarr:

Six days.

Quoting alandou:

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:08 AM
I would make sure to wait about 5 minutes to make sure she is done before changing her, but it is normal. My son would sometime go after every feeding and other times go 30 times a day. It will slow down and regulate soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USD2012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Mine did the same too... to add his poop was watery too... Dr said it could be as a result of trapped gas/air. He was a colicky baby so every time he fart he did pass poop as well.. graduly that became normal once i found out the art of burping him without making him cry.

Emadele
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Congrats on the new one! Babies can poop a lot in the beginning. And to me it seems like breastfed babies poop more than ff babies in the first few weeks - months. Breast milk processes so quickly through their system because it is easy for them to digest. I always took lots of poops in the beginning to mean I was making plenty and he was eating plenty.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Yeah, my son was the same way when he was first born

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM

That sounds pretty normal. Congratulations!

expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Sounds normal to me. Congrats mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)