Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

how messed up is this!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:02 AM
  • 42 Replies
I took my daughter to the doctors yesterday for her second month checkup, got her un dressed to get her weight there were other people in the same room that I was in with there 9 Month old i put her on the scale she was 13.8 the nurses were like Omg she's a lil chunky!! Then pointing at the 9 month old saying she's only 17 pounds.. I don't care about that other baby my baby looks fine i think and healthy..do you think that was rude? This is coming from a nurse when i asked her if the table was clean and she said she did not know..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miley113012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:05 AM

This was her yesterday after her appointment
MommyOfOnee
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:08 AM
She's adorable! And perfect!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I doubt she meant it in a rude way. Plenty of people call their kiddos chunky in a playful way to describe their bigger babies. I'd be more worried about them not knowing if the scale was clean.
miley113012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Thank you

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

She's adorable! And perfect!

CatherineNewton
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Your baby does look like a little chuncker... That's not really a huge deal. People say that shit all the time. You need a tougher skin. I am sure the nurse didn't mean it in a bad way. Ds is 3 months and about 17 lbs.... He is a chunck too.
miley113012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:22 AM
O i call her my lil chunk chunk but im just saying like how could she compare my 2 month old to a 9 month old o yea the whole not clean thing definitely got handled with real fast..

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I doubt she meant it in a rude way. Plenty of people call their kiddos chunky in a playful way to describe their bigger babies. I'd be more worried about them not knowing if the scale was clean.

cristina1122
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Could be wrong but Im pretty sure that violates hippa..... She's adorable! Ds was real skinny and long, but I love love love little chubies lol!!
miley113012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:24 AM
O yea i know i have tough skin trust me i just did not know why she was comparing the 9 month old to my 2 month old

Quoting CatherineNewton:

Your baby does look like a little chuncker... That's not really a huge deal. People say that shit all the time. You need a tougher skin. I am sure the nurse didn't mean it in a bad way. Ds is 3 months and about 17 lbs.... He is a chunck too.

miley113012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Thank you she's my lil chunk chunk yea i don't think they should have other kids in there that could be sick like the waiting room is not worse enough but i wanna try in find a new doctors office cuz there not very professional there

Quoting cristina1122:

Could be wrong but Im pretty sure that violates hippa..... She's adorable! Ds was real skinny and long, but I love love love little chubies lol!!

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I mean, it could go both ways really... Like my youngest son has always been small. When he was born there was another mom giving birth the same night. I saw her at the newborn checkup and her son weighed more and was longer than mine but was born at 36 weeks. It kinda made me upset knowing how small he was. My oldest had always been comparible to older babies and now to older toddlers. People compare everything lol!

Quoting miley113012:

O i call her my lil chunk chunk but im just saying like how could she compare my 2 month old to a 9 month old o yea the whole not clean thing definitely got handled with real fast..

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)