Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how messed up is this!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I took my daughter to the doctors yesterday for her second month checkup, got her un dressed to get her weight there were other people in the same room that I was in with there 9 Month old i put her on the scale she was 13.8 the nurses were like Omg she's a lil chunky!! Then pointing at the 9 month old saying she's only 17 pounds.. I don't care about that other baby my baby looks fine i think and healthy..do you think that was rude? This is coming from a nurse when i asked her if the table was clean and she said she did not know..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
Ginnygurl97
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I think she's beautiful. Well my son is 7 weeks and doesn't quite weigh 8 yet. And everybody says stuff about how small he is. Well I think he's perfect. He's EBF and was just 5lbs 13oz at birth
miley113012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM
This is true..

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I mean, it could go both ways really... Like my youngest son has always been small. When he was born there was another mom giving birth the same night. I saw her at the newborn checkup and her son weighed more and was longer than mine but was born at 36 weeks. It kinda made me upset knowing how small he was. My oldest had always been comparible to older babies and now to older toddlers. People compare everything lol!

Quoting miley113012:

O i call her my lil chunk chunk but im just saying like how could she compare my 2 month old to a 9 month old o yea the whole not clean thing definitely got handled with real fast..

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I doubt she meant it in a rude way. Plenty of people call their kiddos chunky in a playful way to describe their bigger babies. I'd be more worried about them not knowing if the scale was clean.

sissy852
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM
she was saying that because she was probably surprised how much she weighs after just 2 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatherineNewton
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Oh well I couldn't answer that people are strange.

Quoting miley113012:

O yea i know i have tough skin trust me i just did not know why she was comparing the 9 month old to my 2 month old

Quoting CatherineNewton:

Your baby does look like a little chuncker... That's not really a huge deal. People say that shit all the time. You need a tougher skin. I am sure the nurse didn't mean it in a bad way. Ds is 3 months and about 17 lbs.... He is a chunck too.

miley113012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Aww ...that's a good pic

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I think she's beautiful. Well my son is 7 weeks and doesn't quite weigh 8 yet. And everybody says stuff about how small he is. Well I think he's perfect. He's EBF and was just 5lbs 13oz at birth

LilyFlair
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

totally! DS had a dr that liked to say he had a fat buddha belly, and then comment on my weight. ppl need to keep their opinions to themselves and be professional.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I don't get offended by things like this.

captaincw322
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Beautiful girl!!!!! You won't hear any complaints from me, my dd was 7.9 at birth, 11.9 at 2 months and 14 at 3. She is now 2 and weighs 36. Every baby is different, but yea that was rude of the nurse. I would much rather have a chubby baby than a string bean skinny baby! I also wouldn't have put her on the scale till they cleaned it. Was this her ped or at a wic appt? I would expect that from wic, never a ped though! Your daughter is perfect the way she is, don't let anyone make you think otherwise!!!!

Quoting miley113012:

This was her yesterday after her appointment
captaincw322
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Birth weight makes a huge difference with weight gain also. Obviously a baby weighing 5lbs at birth shouldn't be up to 10 or 11 lbs a month later. My ss was 8 weeks early and weighed 5.8 when he was born. Now at 4 1/2 he's about 40. This nurse would have pissed me right on off! Your son is adorable! Makes me want another one! :)

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

miley113012
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Yea no this was not wic it was pedestrian

Quoting captaincw322:

Beautiful girl!!!!! You won't hear any complaints from me, my dd was 7.9 at birth, 11.9 at 2 months and 14 at 3. She is now 2 and weighs 36. Every baby is different, but yea that was rude of the nurse. I would much rather have a chubby baby than a string bean skinny baby! I also wouldn't have put her on the scale till they cleaned it. Was this her ped or at a wic appt? I would expect that from wic, never a ped though! Your daughter is perfect the way she is, don't let anyone make you think otherwise!!!!

Quoting miley113012:

This was her yesterday after her appointment

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)