Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how messed up is this!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I took my daughter to the doctors yesterday for her second month checkup, got her un dressed to get her weight there were other people in the same room that I was in with there 9 Month old i put her on the scale she was 13.8 the nurses were like Omg she's a lil chunky!! Then pointing at the 9 month old saying she's only 17 pounds.. I don't care about that other baby my baby looks fine i think and healthy..do you think that was rude? This is coming from a nurse when i asked her if the table was clean and she said she did not know..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Replies (21-30):
Ginnygurl97
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Thank you. I was hoping you could see just how small he is

Quoting miley113012:

Aww ...that's a good pic

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I think she's beautiful. Well my son is 7 weeks and doesn't quite weigh 8 yet. And everybody says stuff about how small he is. Well I think he's perfect. He's EBF and was just 5lbs 13oz at birth

abra
by Abra on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I don't think it was rude, she probably was just amused. My 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son weight same. They are both perfectly healthy, they just have different builds so it is really funny! 

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Where I live, chunky is a comment. I always heard my babies were not chunky enough

ChristyG2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM
She was just saying your baby's weight is only a few pounds away from this other baby that is 7 months older! I get the exact same thing just in reverse: everyone's always commenting how tiny Lexie is & then telling me how heavy their child is. Just the other day at the health dept there was a 3 month old that weighed just as much as my 9 month old! I didn't take offense, nor did I think the other baby was a "fatty". It's just the difference in babies. :)

Quoting miley113012:

O yea i know i have tough skin trust me i just did not know why she was comparing the 9 month old to my 2 month old

Quoting CatherineNewton:

Your baby does look like a little chuncker... That's not really a huge deal. People say that shit all the time. You need a tougher skin. I am sure the nurse didn't mean it in a bad way. Ds is 3 months and about 17 lbs.... He is a chunck too.

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:58 PM

My ds weighed a little more at most of his apps. His doc said. I prefer to say babies a little on the "fluffy side" he said it was normal. Your daugher is beautiful and perfect. 

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

She is adorable. She looks healthy and happy to me, though a little sleepy.

That nurse should have been able to answer your question, and if she didn't know then she should have wiped it down so it would be clean.

That nurse was also very rude.

Quoting miley113012:

This was her yesterday after her appointment

wedding countdown

mandapanda82
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Your dd looks perfect! My first was 18 lbs at 4 months! So I def had a chubs. And my pedi was very rude when she got older she's 4 now but at her 2 ye at check up he commented on her weight and called her a "chunker" well I was totally offended. And started going to the other dr at that practice - your dd really looks very healthy don't listen to them! She's adorable
amy1763
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I think she is gorgeous and she looks fine and healthy. Maybe the nurses didnt mean it the way you thought although if they did ya that was rude.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM
By 6 months my baby weighed 20 lbs. I got "little chunker" a lot. As an exclusively breastfeeding mommy, I just took it as a compliment. It doesnt last long. Dd is now 19 months and looks like a dinker from how much shes constantly on the move.
Ginnygurl97
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I wish I knew how to quote w another pic. I'll put it on replies. I used that one because you can see how small he is in DFs hands. Right now he's 7-9 and 21 in. He's the same size now at 7 weeks than my older son was at birth lol. But he was early and had some complications.
***** I'm going to reply w another pic so you can see him better :-)

Quoting captaincw322:

Birth weight makes a huge difference with weight gain also. Obviously a baby weighing 5lbs at birth shouldn't be up to 10 or 11 lbs a month later. My ss was 8 weeks early and weighed 5.8 when he was born. Now at 4 1/2 he's about 40. This nurse would have pissed me right on off! Your son is adorable! Makes me want another one! :)

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I think she's beautiful. Well my son is 7 weeks and doesn't quite weigh 8 yet. And everybody says stuff about how small he is. Well I think he's perfect. He's EBF and was just 5lbs 13oz at birth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)