Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cant be teething can it?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so my son is just over a month old. He started drooling a lot, he never really drools at all, and he gets really cranky and screams all the time. I didnt know what was going on and my mom was like he cant be teething is he? I said I didnt know but just now I looked in his mouth and I see like two tiny white dots on his bottom gum and one dot on his top gum. all of them are off to his left side of his gums. The dots look like tiny pimples but the drooling and crankiness make it seem like teethng. He also eats at his hands a lot more but I assumed that to normal babyness. Anyone know what these dots may be and if it may be teething? Thank you

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Could be . Its rare but can happen. Some babies are born with teeth! White dots could be thrush (a yeast infection in the mouth) Its itchy and can make babies fussy.especially when feeding. Are there any spots on his tongue or the back of his throat?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM

This is exactly what was going through my head when reading this.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Could be . Its rare but can happen. Some babies are born with teeth! White dots could be thrush (a yeast infection in the mouth) Its itchy and can make babies fussy.especially when feeding. Are there any spots on his tongue or the back of his throat?

Kaylahk
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM

No I have not seen anything besides the ones on his gums. besides the three theres nothing out of the ordunary. I did think thrush but both me and my mom keep looking and see nothing. he usually is really happy while eating or with his pacifier if we can get it to stay in his mouth.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Very well could be. Some kids start teething earlier then others. The average is 2-3 months. The teeth can takes months to break through the gums and occasionally come through but go back under the gum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sikkr
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM
My daughter started at three months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)