Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

sahms with toddlers

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 12 Replies
What is your daily schedule, besides cleaning, what do you do with your toddler all day? I feel life we have no structure here and its driving me batty, my 15 month olds mainly had free play all day and I want more structure and set activities for him, night time is a lil more organized for us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittanyx22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I take my daughter places. We go to My Gym, roller skating, a climbing place in town, kids museums. We play together at home. We play with finger paints, play dough, blocks, cloud dough, etc. We have playdates through MOMS Club. I try and mix it up every day.
abra
by Abra on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I have four kids and my toddler is the third, so I usually stay pretty busy, but when I only had one toddler, I had that problem, too. I tried to include my toddler when I did my cleaning and cooking. We took a lot of walks to the park and hosted a lot of playdates. Here are couple lists of other ideas of things you can do with them at home:

http://thehilljean.com/2013/01/20-off-the-hook-mommy-son-dates.html

http://moneysavingmom.com/2012/03/10-chore-ideas-for-toddlers.html

http://www.mamaslearningcorner.com/2012/08/ultimate-guide-to-occupying-toddlers-during-school-time/

http://beafunmum.com/2011/04/activities-for-preschool-children/

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM
In summers we stay very busy. We walk to the park, pool and library almost every day. We walk to the grocery store. We bake ane cook together.

In the winter we read books, we do preschool lessons, fun sensory time, play games and toys together, learn Latin through music, go to the store, experiment in cooking, etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
January1964
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Cleaning? I never clean.

1) Wake up, breakfast, get dressed etc.

2) Go to a scheduled activity. For example: gymnastics, story time at library, music class, play date, baby yoga, go to the park, etc

3) Lunch

4) Nap

5) Wake up. Possibly a snack. If no play date in the morning, perhaps one after nap. If not, play at home, crafts, build with blocks, go to park if we did not go in the morning, etc. Also, we may run errands, grocery store, post office, etc.

6) Husband get home from work, so then we both share play duties, etc.

abra
by Abra on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM

bump

kirstina
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I have 3 kids. 16 months, 4 and 5 years old. We get up eat, get dressed, the kids all play for about 30 minutes while I start laundry and wash breakfast dishes. Then will go to the store if needed or on warm days play outside. If we stay home then we sing songs and dance, then we have story time, then play games. We do snack the then we all play some more then lunch. After lunch my 16 month old takes a nap and we get down to business doing school work. Then Monica wakes up and we have a snack. Then the kids play while I change over laundry and clean up anything left laying around. Its about3pm at that time.. Then the kids play in the frontroom while we wait for daddy.
When I only had one I didn't know what to do all day.
aniters
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I usually just let him play with his toys, read to him, take him outside, feed him, bathe him. I've tried taking him to the park but he's scared lol
expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Bump
XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I have a son in 1st grade, a son in preschool part time, and my daughter is my third child.  I do carpool for my sons, grocery shopping at least once a week, play dates at least a couple times a week, visit the library at least once a week, plus cleaning, nap time, snacks, meals etc. 

My daughter loves to help clean, and try to exercise with me too.  She also is in the kitchen with me a lot when I cook.  When the weather is nice we go to different parks a lot, and go for walks.  We have a duck pond about a mile from our house.  She loves to ride in the stroller there, and loves to feed the ducks too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)