Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

help!! baby wont be away from me or daddy **super long but will be appriciated

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

Normally my son is really good, love playing, ect. and he loves me little sister. He threw up bad about 4 days ago and for the last todays he wont let us away from him. He never is cuddly with usfor more than 2 minutes. All day yesterday he cuddled from 4 mins on dad to 5 mins on mom and back and fourth between the two of us. He still couldnt stand still and had to switch lol. Im going to list the events from when he started throwing up.

Day one: eats his first little bit of pizza from dad -____- drinks some water and vomits horribly after. Calm him down...day continues he wont eat much nore than some crackers. Bed time.

Day two: wakes up and i go change him and give him his milk [whole which hes drinken for months now].  After his second nap i go back in and the whole crib is filled with sooooo much puke! I bathe him and then slowly give him water from a spoon. He eats barely anything, part of a banana. its been over 5 hours n he hasnt thrown up so acording to online he can drink. nope he throws up the water. no more milk since this morning.

Day three: Doctors...drinking only juice and water. we have his check up [[he turned one in dec.]] hes fine. and everything is good but hes a little less because he hasnt eaten to much

Day four: gave a little milk since its been over a day..throws up after nap.. [[ok, i get it at this point he cant drink milk or eat alot of cheese, but i dont get it cuz he loves milk and has had it for months with no problem]] plays laughs, eats a ton but only if hes feeding his self all the sudden. half way through the day he has to be laying on me or dad. no fever, but hes acting tired and wants us alot. so cuddly, i like it but i cant leave his site.

Day five: today, morning. this is the first night he kept cryin and waking up at night since he was a new born. My sis is over so i was thinkin she could watch him while i sleep cuz i didnt all night. wrong. he wont stop screaming unless one of us are in here. hes playing and eating and acting normal but if i sneak out and he turns and sees im not here he freaks, he never acts like that.

help please im dealing with it cuz i keep saying maybe he dont feel good but he just ate all his gerber cheetos out the can and hes playing and running so i know he cant feel that bad?? hes not sick that i can visibly tell ??

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BoggiezMom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Since he's been vomiting for a few days he's just looking to you for comfort.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM

He probably still feels yucky. Give it a couple more days of snuggle time and then see if things go back to normal. 

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Let him snuggle.
prego122211
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Quoting abra:

He probably still feels yucky. Give it a couple more days of snuggle time and then see if things go back to normal. 

im loving the snuggling but like this morning i was in his room n i just gave up and laid down while he went crazy hyper and played. he was all over. but as soon as he couldnt see me he flipped out. im really sick and spitting up phlem. im scared hes gonna get sick and im starting to either hear him get wraspy or hes just copying my growling

GremlinMom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Um... You took him to the doctor and they didn't tell you anything about what's going on? Like.. what the vomiting is about? He's cuddling because you are still is ultimate reassurance, he doesn't feel good so mommy and daddy it is. I have two yr old twins, we have been through that twice already lol its secretly a grand memory of smiles.
jamamama00
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM

When children get a stomach bug, it can cause temporary lactose intolerance. We found this out the hard way, too. Anytime my DD gets it, she wont  be able to digest milk for a month or so. Which sucks, because she loves milk. She gets very traumatized from the vomiting, too. She will be shaking all over and crying. It's awful. We usually just wait until she's fully recovered and get her good and tired and put her back in her crib for the night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)