Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Epidurals Updated

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 56 Replies

Have any of you had any side effects from them? long term or down the line?

I ask because since I had mine in June I have had numbness issues. first with my legs which went away, then my hands which my dr sent me for a nerve study cause "I'm too young for carpal tunnel" (even though my last dr diagnosed me with it)which they blamed it on swelling in my hands ( my hands aren't swollen)Well its spread through most my body. I just don't know what to do. I found out a few weeks ago I have endometriosis But I don't think this has anything to do with that, and have been dealing with my hand being numb, a dr that wont listen to me, I just don't know what to do. All I can think is that its something spinal. I made an appt with a chiro for a consult.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miley113012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Well its been 2 months and i get back pain every now and then i was told it never goes away but still don't think i could have done with out ...but that's why they make you sign them papers :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I had none. My friend had a spinal fluid leak (I think??) which gave her the worst headache of her life after her second....she still has twinges every now and then, her son will be 2 in July.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I never had an epidural but I did have the catheder inserted & my spine still 2 yrs later feels bruised :( I only had it inserted in case I wanted an epidural because I was induced........so stupid since I didn't end up using the medication, I've gone through 3 natural deliveries & will NEVER do that again let alone get the whole thing!

proudmama11212
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Only when its cold my back hurts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMGorham
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I've had two with no side effects yet after 3 years.
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM
It's been term months and the only side effects I've had were emotionally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I had one once. They bumped a nerve so I lost complete feeling in one of my legs, but it only lasted a couple hours.
kayleyrae90
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I had my daughter 5 months ago and since then my right leg from my knee to my hip is completely numb except for every night when it cramps really bad and wakes me up.
CelestialSong
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
For about 4-5 months afterwards I had a numb spot on my left knee. It was weird but not a problem. Still makes me way too nervous to have another one though, it could have been a bigger area or a more crucial one, like bladder control muscles or something...
norwgnwood
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM
When my son was 5 days old I felt a sharp pain go up my spine and I lost control of my legs. I collapsed with my son in my arms. 4 years later I still feel pain in my spine. For me it wasn't worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)